Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-09-2007, 09:20 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonas B Quote
It's as usual Frank; great pictures! But it isn't really fair, do you think? Please send your daughter over and let me try my DA70. I need some practise!

regards,
Thanks Jonas. I wish I could be as good as you are someday, so I'd be able to take more good photos

05-09-2007, 10:19 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi frank and welcome here! Thanks again for lovely pictures of your daughter. I thoroughly enjoy all the photographs you share of your children. One of the few things I miss about DPR is no more photos of frank's children. Now we have that here! Yea and hooray!

NaCl(will enjoy as many shots of your children as you want to post)H2O
05-09-2007, 12:29 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyrios Quote
My initial finding on this lens is: I was surprise that using this lens, all UE issue on my K100D is gone!
I know a lot of people complains about UE issue on their pentax dslr. I encounter (a lot and almost) this problem as well (DA 18-55, Sigma 17-70).

I do not know why the issue is gone when using this lens. Might be caused by a good chip implanted on it. Or might be it's a prime, less glass, so the effective ratio of light reaches the CCD is huge.

Anyone who also has this lens, could you clarify on this?

BR,
kyrios
UE - under exposed? The Sigma 1770 works pretty well on my K10D, and I don't seem to get under exposed pics very often w/ this combo.

As to the DA70, I only used it once so far. Can't confirm yet,
05-09-2007, 12:32 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi frank and welcome here! Thanks again for lovely pictures of your daughter. I thoroughly enjoy all the photographs you share of your children. One of the few things I miss about DPR is no more photos of frank's children. Now we have that here! Yea and hooray!

NaCl(will enjoy as many shots of your children as you want to post)H2O
Thanks. Glad you like my kids' photos I haven't post many photos here, kinda hard to keep up with all these different forums ...

Anyway, you'll see more of them, that's a promise

05-09-2007, 02:18 PM   #20

Frank, i mean when flash is needed, either internal or external one.
There's no UE issue when in brightday.

Are you sure your Sigma 17-70 (or i mean your K10D) never had UE issue
in low light condition? Usually i must set Ev compensaion to +0.5 or +0.7 in my K100D.

BR,
kyrios
05-09-2007, 06:13 PM   #21
Site Supporter

Hi Frank!

Wonderful shots of your daughter - crisp, sharp, great color - as usual, you have hit the mark. You have a great eye for family photos.

I just received my DA70 today (I couldn't resist the rebate and I needed it for my collection of Pentax primes). Now I need a beautiful young daughter like yours to serve as my model!

Regards, Jim
05-09-2007, 06:38 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by kyrios Quote
Frank, i mean when flash is needed, either internal or external one.
There's no UE issue when in brightday.

Are you sure your Sigma 17-70 (or i mean your K10D) never had UE issue
in low light condition? Usually i must set Ev compensaion to +0.5 or +0.7 in my K100D.

BR,
kyrios
No, I'm sure I get under exposed pics with pretty much any lens under certain condition, and the Sigma 1770 is included. Luckily it's a digital camera. If the result doesn't look good, just turn the front dial (I set the front dial for EV compensation, and use Av) to a proper value, and fire again
05-09-2007, 06:40 PM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jamesk8752 Quote
Hi Frank!

Wonderful shots of your daughter - crisp, sharp, great color - as usual, you have hit the mark. You have a great eye for family photos.

I just received my DA70 today (I couldn't resist the rebate and I needed it for my collection of Pentax primes). Now I need a beautiful young daughter like yours to serve as my model!

Regards, Jim
Thanks Jim. The lens is indeed better than I expected, especially the sharpness.

A side note, I sure hope I could be a collector like you. Maybe someday ...

Cheers!

05-10-2007, 06:49 PM   #24
Site Supporter

Hey, Frank, where have you been? I've always loved your portraits and these are no exception. I think my DA 70 is a sweetheart too.

Jer
05-10-2007, 07:29 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Sailor Quote
Hey, Frank, where have you been? I've always loved your portraits and these are no exception. I think my DA 70 is a sweetheart too.

Jer
Thanks Jer. Just busy w/ the kids and hoursework lately, just don't/can't shoot as often as I used to do

Anyway, hope I'd post more here. DPR is just so different from what it used to be ...

Cheers!
05-10-2007, 07:36 PM   #26

Hi Frank..

Got a question for you on the DA70 and FA77.. I've been considering either lens so far and do like both. Besides the price consideration... what are the pros and cons of either lens?

Do you have a personal preference? if so why?

Thanks..

a fellow LBA sufferer...
05-10-2007, 07:38 PM   #27
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Thanks :) Glad you like these photos. She is a beautiful kid, but she doesn't like to look at the camera that much nowadays :(
Nice shots Frank. This comment made me laugh - my 5 year old nephew's favorite line whenever he sees me is "NO pictures!" - but then I always manage to sneak a few :).
05-10-2007, 09:49 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by sychen Quote
Hi Frank..

Got a question for you on the DA70 and FA77.. I've been considering either lens so far and do like both. Besides the price consideration... what are the pros and cons of either lens?

Do you have a personal preference? if so why?

Thanks..

a fellow LBA sufferer...

Both lenses are great pieces of glass, you won't be disappointed w/ either one. For now, I'm in favor of the DA70

Pros (DA70 over FA77):
smaller/lighter, sharper at same wide aperture, faster AF, better hood design, cheaper, less CA.

Cons:
slower, bokeh is not as smooth sometimes (but still great as it is). Colors are abit different too, but this can be easily delt w/ PSing.

Another thing is that the FA77 isn't easily available, but the DA70 is quite easily available in your country. I'd choose DA70 over FA77 if I were you
05-10-2007, 09:50 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by betsypdx Quote
Nice shots Frank. This comment made me laugh - my 5 year old nephew's favorite line whenever he sees me is "NO pictures!" - but then I always manage to sneak a few .
Thanks Betsy My daughter says exactly the same words