Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-27-2009, 12:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
3D photography

For all those LBA sufferers, here is another type of lens to add to the collection
I have been lucky enought to get the oppertunity to play with a stereo lens for taking 3D pictures! It takes a bit of practice to view them without additional optics but it is possible and definately worth it. Details of the lenses can be found here: http://www.dewijs-3d.com/ and some pictures I took yesterday are presented bellow. These were all taken with a GX20, DeWijs 07-14-APS13X18 lens and the built in flash. Even as 2D pictures I am impressed with this lenses results, especially considering the focus and aperture are fixed! I know pentax produced a stereo lens attachment (http://kmp.bdimitrov.de/lenses/adapters/stereo_adapter.jpg) but I've never seen one or any pictures from one. Anyone have any examples?

Attached Images

07-27-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Banned

the snails are really cool! really great photos. its lovely to see something a bit different. thanks for sharing these.
07-27-2009, 01:00 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
That's really neat. I just crossed my eyes and scrolled down the page so I didn't need to re-cross them for each image...
07-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Those are killer!

Don't like the spider on though, cuz...well, I don't like spiders.

The bee one is very cool!

c[_]

07-28-2009, 04:39 AM   #5
Pentaxian

Very nice effect with the snails!
Now this lens featured in a K-7 video would be something...
07-29-2009, 09:54 PM   #6

I saw a set of K100's on ebay that were mounted together with the shutters tied together as well as the focus and zoom rings for 3d applications. Not really all that practical, but still rather cool. I guess the nice thing is that once you set the cameras, you'd still have full zoom and focus capabilities from the lenses