Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-29-2009, 03:55 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by therion Quote
Zav: Im often photographing sun and six and eight strokes seems very poor. Im little bit disapointed with eight blades of Pentax 67 45/4.
Six blades of Sigma 10-20/4-5.6 is even worse.
The flare of the current version is pretty funky. Sometimes it just looks like it flares all over the place. Hopefully the new one is better at this...
Buy it therion...and compare it w/ the old one before you sell it

07-31-2009, 10:59 AM   #17
emr

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
nobody has it (the F3.5 version) yet...it's not due until October.
Brecklundin, where does this October date come from? The only date I have seen is the August release for K mount mentioned in Dpreview news:

Sigma: price and availability for 10-20mm F3.5 DC: Digital Photography Review
08-03-2009, 06:01 AM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Brecklundin, where does this October date come from? The only date I have seen is the August release for K mount mentioned in Dpreview news:

Sigma: price and availability for 10-20mm F3.5 DC: Digital Photography Review
Honestly I remember reading it over on the Canon board I was on before 'the switch'...and I would swear it was in one of the Sigma press releases that the Canon & Nikon mounts would be mid-to-late summer then the Pentax mount in the mid-fall. For some reason October stuck in my head. I could easily be mis-remembering the release info given.
08-03-2009, 08:19 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Well...looks like fengniao is the first to officially review it again :-)

Short summary: center is sharper and contrastier than old one, edges are worse (looks better at 20mm but most people use this as a 10mm prime lens). Current owners of the non 3.5 have no reason to upgrade IMHO....I won't be.
If Sigma is sticking to their same M.O. as the 24-70, they'll be selling both at the same time and prices won't change on the old one. Makes you wonder why they bothered w/ the bigger 82mm filter if the edge performance isn't radically better, unless they fixed the cutoff vignettes on FF so it's slightly usable there, but then the edge performance sucks on DX so it'd be worse on FX :-P

08-06-2009, 10:56 PM   #20

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Kenyee: I do not agree there is no reason to upgrade from 4-5.6 version as I have written: new version has 7 aperture blades which makes nice 14 strokes of sun and f3.5 vs f5.6 for taking movies is also very big difference.

Adorama has answered that new Sigma should be available at september.
08-07-2009, 06:03 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by therion Quote
Kenyee: I do not agree there is no reason to upgrade from 4-5.6 version as I have written: new version has 7 aperture blades which makes nice 14 strokes of sun and f3.5 vs f5.6 for taking movies is also very big difference.
Yes, if either of those cases bothers you w/ the current version, that's true. However, it won't bother most...(I shouldn't haven't been so absolute in saying no need to upgrade for everyone :-)