Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
08-24-2013, 01:43 AM - 1 Like   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by altopiet Quote
I bought a used copy of the lens, are you actually saying that it is the same with a brand new one?
Yes, I bought mine with the *istD, and the 16-45 was then the first and only DA lens.

The lens is capable of sharp pictures, but this depends on the (de)centered position of the front group.
See here for a previous discussion.

08-24-2013, 03:02 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by glasbak Quote
Yes, I bought mine with the *istD, and the 16-45 was then the first and only DA lens.

The lens is capable of sharp pictures, but this depends on the (de)centered position of the front group.
See here for a previous discussion.
Dankie glasbak! I'll have a go at testing mine, although I've observed the soft corners at 16mm. I'm just surprised at the shots taken at 45mm, as the lens extends at its furthest at 16, as you know, and it should not be that bad at 45...
05-19-2014, 03:54 PM   #18

Opened mine and the same piece of plastic was broken

Hi!

Just opened my 16-45 and the same plastic tube was broken about from the same places. I emailed the swedish pentax repair shop about the part(I live in finland), let's see if pentax still makes those tubes If not, I will try to glue the pieces together with epoxy and sand the area.

The earlier instructions were really good, I think I did not break anything yeat, Thanks for the help