Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2009, 07:25 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
DA 70mm or FA 77mm?

Ive searched around for a bit and was surprised not to find a thread about this but yea,
Im looking to get another lens to add to my small arsenal and was really thinking of either one of these lenses. Most of my shots seem to be of portraits or street-ish style protography of random object i find (best way i could describe it =p), and while i do love my 50mm prime it feels like i could use just a wee bit more reach and a lens around the 70mm range sounds great. Now im stuck between choosing between these two lenses. While i would really love the 1.8 aperture from the FA77mm (and this acclaimed pixie dust) im not sure that im willing to pay double the amount compared to the DA70mm. So the real question is, is the IQ and other random things accounted for worth me paying double the amount of the DA70mm and to save up for the FA77mm.

07-30-2009, 07:28 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here you go, from just yesterday

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/68153-da70-77-a.html
07-30-2009, 07:37 AM   #3

Original Poster
haha must of missed that one.
Cheers aye =)
Hmmm the 70mm's looking more and more like the lens i may be purchasing in the near future =D
07-30-2009, 10:09 AM   #4
Pentaxian

There have actually been very very many threads - here and on dpreview - on this topic. I'd guess searching on two letter terms like 70 or 77 might not work as well as searching on "DA70" and FA77", or "DA 70" and FA 77".

07-30-2009, 10:18 AM   #5
Veteran Member

And other than being interesting reading, all of those previous threads still won't make your decision any easier. Bad part is, unless you plan on buying both, you need to choose one over the other. Good part is, you can't lose. Good luck.