Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2009, 09:23 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Super-Tak 200mm/4: too many adjustable rings, who can help?

The scale ring on my Super-Tak 200/4 - between the aperture ring and the focus ring - is suddenly turning around, and I am not very happy with that. How can I solve this problem, anybody any idea??

07-30-2009, 09:48 AM   #2
Veteran Member

On my Tak 135mm, there are three small screws in that ring. I'd look for anything resembling a screw on the moving piece and see if any are loose. Hopefully that's all it is.
07-30-2009, 09:49 AM   #3
Pentaxian

The ring with the 22-11-4-diamond-4-11-22 DOF scale on it? It looks like there are grub screws on that to pinch it in place. You'll need a tiny screwdriver for slotted screws - usually something in an eyeglassrepair kit will fit. There are probably three screws, 120 apart. You may want to first loosen all the screws, slide the ring forward a bit, then use a toothbrush between that ring and the aperture ring to brush out accumulated grit. Then slide the ring back in place, not pressing too hard against the aperture ring, and tighten the three screws.
07-30-2009, 09:54 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by JonPB Quote
On my Tak 135mm, there are three small screws in that ring. I'd look for anything resembling a screw on the moving piece and see if any are loose. Hopefully that's all it is.
QuoteOriginally posted by Just1MoreDave Quote
The ring with the 22-11-4-diamond-4-11-22 DOF scale on it? It looks like there are grub screws on that to pinch it in place. You'll need a tiny screwdriver for slotted screws - usually something in an eyeglassrepair kit will fit. There are probably three screws, 120 apart. You may want to first loosen all the screws, slide the ring forward a bit, then use a toothbrush between that ring and the aperture ring to brush out accumulated grit. Then slide the ring back in place, not pressing too hard against the aperture ring, and tighten the three screws.
Thanks guys, that was very quickly, and very helpfull! I just overlooked the screws, they are VERY tiny Thanks again, it's in full working order again!