Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-30-2009, 12:07 PM   #1

KEH now has NEW pentax lenses??

I just went to their website and noticed that they are showing some Pentax lenses as "new". If I am not mistaken they have always only sold used lenses, maybe they have become a Pentax dealer??? I do not know

kman

07-30-2009, 12:31 PM   #2

Keep looking around at all the other categories. They carry all sorts of new products, as well as used products. I don't know how long they've been carrying new products, but I think it's been a while.
07-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Big I Quote
Keep looking around at all the other categories. They carry all sorts of new products, as well as used products. I don't know how long they've been carrying new products, but I think it's been a while.
yes I know they carry new canon, nikon, etc --- but I believe this is the first time I have seen them having new Pentax lenses. And I have bought and sold with KEH many times. so this is just an FYI type of post.

kman
07-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #4
Veteran Member

maybe new stock from some ritz closings...

07-30-2009, 07:00 PM   #5
Forum Member

That site is so poorly laid out, its bloody aggravating.
07-30-2009, 09:09 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Slugger Quote
I agree. maybe most photographers only have to look in one section, but being able to use auto, manual and screwmount lenses there are just so many sections to browse (maybe not such a bad thing?). I can live with the worst problem being forgetting if I had already looked through a section while browsing their site. It seems that their pricing has become alittle on the high side. While their ratings are conservative, it use to be a good place to find the occasional deal, which seem to be less frequent these days.
07-31-2009, 04:03 AM   #7
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Slugger Quote
Actually, I disagree. I find it pretty easy to navigate and browse exactly what you are looking for. I guess if you wanted to browse the complete Pentax offerings in might be a bit laborious, but it's certainly no worse than B&H.

NaCl(and I really like their "in transit" feature)H2O
07-31-2009, 06:00 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Actually, I disagree. I find it pretty easy to navigate and browse exactly what you are looking for. I guess if you wanted to browse the complete Pentax offerings in might be a bit laborious, but it's certainly no worse than B&H.

NaCl(and I really like their "in transit" feature)H2O
Perhaps it is only a product of having a constantly changing and always different inventory. If you take adorama for instance, their new products browsing is great (with the click boxes based on any number of criteria to narrow searches), however their used inventory list is pretty much the same as keh as far as searchability is concerned.

07-31-2009, 08:15 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Keh sold new Pentax lenses before

Back to year 2000-2001 Keh.com used to sell new Pentax lenses. A new FA 28mm 2.8 was sold at $159 then. I regretted I didn't buy one at that time. This is also why I remember they used to sell new Pentax lenses.
07-31-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I too kind of like the way KEH is laid out - I have much less trouble finding what I want there than on any other site I know tht carries a similar amount of used equipment.

However - and this could certainly be my fault - I do seem to have problems with KEH thinking I don't have cookies enabled. Needless to say, I *do* have them enabled, and have no special exclusions for keh.com. This is Firefox 3.0.12, but I'm pretty sure I've seen this with all versions of both Firefox and probably IE too.
08-01-2009, 06:27 PM   #11
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Marc, I run IE 8 (and before that 7 and 6) and I've never had problems with KEH and cookies.

NaCl(I probably would have saved a fair amount of money if I had)H2O