Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-31-2009, 05:07 AM   #16

Does anybody know whether all different version of appearantly the same lens have the A contacts? From what I could see in the pictures of various version of this lens, only the Vivitar version has the A contacts. Am I right?

08-31-2009, 05:12 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I have the vivitar version, and sent that direction because the photo showed a K mount, however, in the thread covering this lens someone pointed out that most product shots show the nikon mount.
08-31-2009, 07:25 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I was able to take some shots with the 85mm f1.4 Opteka this weekend, this one is resized and tweaked just a bit in LR.

EXIF is intact.

I saw lots of CaNikon users but not a single Pentax user beside my daughter and myself on Saturday. I still can't believe how many people hold up their iPhones and Blackberries and expect to get a recognizable photo.

Addition: This K20D is equipped with a FocusingScreen K3 screen, it has a split image that is much bigger than the JinFinance and made manually focuing the Samyang a snap.

Last edited by WheresWaldo; 08-31-2009 at 07:27 AM. Reason: Added info
08-31-2009, 09:28 AM   #19
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by deepbluish Quote
Does anybody know whether all different version of appearantly the same lens have the A contacts? From what I could see in the pictures of various version of this lens, only the Vivitar version has the A contacts. Am I right?
No, the pictures are misleading. The various companies seem to not like to take pictures of each mount version of this lens, so you usually see either a Nikon or a Canon mount version pictured even on a page for ordering the Pentax K mount version. The Canon and Nikon versions of these lenses depend on the aperture ring, but the Pentax versions all have an automatic "A" setting regardless of which label lens you get.

For once, we Pentax users actually get an extra capability for the same price as users of the other systems pay.