Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-06-2009, 02:46 PM   #1

Super Takumar 1.4 50mm and K200D

I'm new to digital and need a little help with this old lens.

I just bought an old Super Takumar 1: 1.4 50mm screw mount lens to go on my K200D.
I hope it was a good idea! ??

I've read some articles about using older K mount lens on Pentax DSLRs but not so much about screw mount lenses. I bought a screw mount to Pentax K adapter thing.

I see this lens has a "M" and "A" switch. I presume its manual and auto but I don't know how that works or what it does when used with my K200D?

I'd be grateful for any tips on how to set up and use this lens please.

08-06-2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
May I suggest there's a world of info in the Pentax Beginers and Pentax Articles on this site and that "Googling" your question will be very productive with this subject. I'm sure you'll get more specific URL's here soon.

You have a very nice lens to research.

H2
08-06-2009, 03:39 PM   #3

Johngs

Put the lens in MAN mode to take pictures. Auto is wide open if you need a bright viewfider to see what you are focussing on. Always take a picture with thelens in MAN mode.

Make sure that in your camera menu you have a 'Allow S' on. I think it is in the Custom Menu

Use 'Av' programme and add exposure value + 1.5 as a starter. Adjust accordingly.

Hope this helps

Phil