Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-12-2007, 05:44 PM   #1

At last.. a Loooong Lens - A 'Bigma' in my bag.

Time to work on my muscles, arms and shoulders. While surfing the online catalog of Photo Continental last week I was looking at the Pentax Lens section, of course they all were 'Out of Stock', but wait.. here is one 'In Stock' A BIGMA NO LESS!!

Tried it out, then took a couple of days to think on it.. but of course put it 'On Hold' just in case. I had just sold off a couple of lenses I did not care for, sooooo... you know how it goes, and as I love nature shots... I now have a Bigma.

Sunday arrived, ready to go and try it, but a rainy day in Brisbane, but managed a couple of low light shots, and one flash AF540 assist. WOW, this is a real lens, even at 500mm hand held it is way better than my 70-300.

Some samples all hand held, which amazed me with the lens at 500mm and F6.7. Exif included on right click and properties.

Rainy day color, loved the contrast on this one.. used the AF540 Flash for fill light.

Kookaburra sitting in the old gum tree....

Socializing in the rain, 2 of a family of local kookas

Phil

05-12-2007, 06:08 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I know that you'll love it. I've had a Sigma 135-400 APO for about 10 days now and can't put it down.

I wouldn't mind seeing some close up photos with the Bigma, the bokeh would probably be incredible
05-12-2007, 06:56 PM   #3

Original Poster
First close up.. low light in rain

QuoteOriginally posted by little laker Quote
I know that you'll love it. I've had a Sigma 135-400 APO for about 10 days now and can't put it down.

I wouldn't mind seeing some close up photos with the Bigma, the bokeh would probably be incredible
Hi Stu, sorry, this was on a grey day at 1600iso, but shows the bokeh ok.

Phil

PS. 'Little Laker'?? Kal, Wood or Skaha?

05-12-2007, 07:49 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Congrads on the lens. This is a great lens - versatile in deed.

The bokeh is stunning from this lens

05-13-2007, 07:43 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Love the last pic

QuoteOriginally posted by matix Quote

PS. 'Little Laker'?? Kal, Wood or Skaha?
mostly Skaha