Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2009, 05:32 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
Gutted

I bought the Sigma 1.4 tc for my SIGMA 70-200mm f/2.8 II EX DG APO Macro HSM and it doesnt work at all,I knew it would be MF only but all the exposure F stop and shutter speed info just randomly flashes,Sigma UK says it doesnt work but I'm sure it did when I checked before I bought it.Is there any way to make it work that you know of?
What makes it doubly annoying is I have now lost my 300mm end as I sold my Tamron 70-300 macro yesterday.
Has anyone got any suggestions for a decent 300mm lens or failing that is there a tc I can use on my DA* 50-135mm?
Thanks for reading my long ramble.
Tim

08-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The Sigma teleconverters will not work on HSM lenses .. LINK. The Tamron MC4 1.4x teleconverter will work on HSM and SDM, mine works fine on the 3 DA* lenses I have but they are very hard to get hold of now as they are no longer made.

If you want to sell the 1.4x Sigma PM me as I have a friend who has the older MKI 70-200mm and may be interested for the right price.