Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-12-2009, 10:04 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MoparFreak69 Quote
Lucky for me NO PINS! Both of these lenses have no electrical contact with the body at all.
Yes, if it where the counterpart of the "A" Pentax lens, then it would have that pin.

08-12-2009, 10:05 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Lucky you! Two lenses and a working body for $15.75. The KR-10 Super is a nice unit. It is basically an XR7 without DOF preview or aperture in the viewfinder.

Steve
My thoughts exactly! Lucky find!
08-12-2009, 12:12 PM   #18

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Had a roll of film sitting in the fridge from god knows when so it now sits in the camera. I bought a couple batteries and IT WORKS! everything seems to function as it should. Light meter works, A mode works.
OOOPS!
I just now realized, What speed film was that? Did anybody pay more attention to it than I did when I was putting it in? Oh well, who knows if the film is still good or not. Might get some pretty strange pictures out of it after all lol.
Perfect NEWB mistake huh? LMAO
08-14-2009, 05:37 AM   #19
Inactive Account

i had the ricoh XR1000s which is identical to the kr10.
my brother has it now sitting in some box somewhere in his garage with a tokina 50-250 attached.

the body was okay, aperture priority and metered manual. it's the tokina that i'm after
i've been tring to ask him to find it, but no luck. oh, well.

08-14-2009, 12:43 PM   #20
Veteran Member

I have a Ricoh XR-10 and I find it to be a fantastic camera. So much so that I haven't "upgraded" to a Pentax manual focus film camera in lieu of it.

One problem that might be wrong, and you won't know until you get a fresh set of batteries in it, is that the shutter might be frozen because someone touched it at some point. I accidentally did that 20 years ago and it cost me $50 bucks to have it repaired. Supposedly its a self defense mechanism on the camera, probably related to the shutter being electronic. I don't remember the details, but I do remember my mom complaining about the repair bill at the time! Of course, I don't know if the KR-10 shares this "feature".
08-14-2009, 06:53 PM   #21

Original Poster
I guess it doesnt because I didnt even know or really care that much if the camera did work as it was the lenses I was after. I flipped the mirror up and down a couple of times to see the shutter and just look because I have never seen the inside of an SLR and I wont screw with my K20 like that. It still works fine after that touching. Who knows. I probably poked in in a few private places but it doesnt seem to be too shy and keeps clicking away. Pretty fun little camera, but I dont know how I did until I can get the film processed. Old film+wrong ISO speed+complete newb=not a good forecast lol.
08-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #22
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If it's color negative film, odds are you're safe enough if you shoot it at 200... usually there's plenty of latitude for that. You could also just unload it and *look,* too. This involves rewinding the film, leaving the leader out, then reloading and shooting blank frames to get back a little past where you were. (Funny digital people. Never unloading midroll. ) If you're going to actually switch films or anything, be sure to write down where you left off with a Sharpie or whatnot and make sure you won't mistake that roll for a fresh one in the dark. Which shouldn't be a problem here.

As for the 'Chinar' lens, I believe those are Chinon lenses.

08-14-2009, 08:18 PM   #23
Site Supporter

Ricoh and Chinon, the amazing red-headed k-mount stepchildren.
08-14-2009, 09:42 PM   #24

Original Poster
HEY! Im readheaded so watch what you say LOL I really am though. I was talking to my dad about it and he said he used to do that all the time. He said he had it down to an art of how many cranks on the rewind knob it took to leave the leader out just enough to restart the roll the next time he wanted to run that speed film. Crazy film people, cant you just turn the knob up front like the rest of us? I still believe that even though its a more forgiving format, film is a much harder medium to work with than digital.

Man I dont like this picture, DELETE, snap, THERE, much better!
08-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #25
Site Supporter

HEY! Im readheaded so watch what you say LOL I really am though. I was talking to my dad about it and he said he used to do that all the time. He said he had it down to an art of how many cranks on the rewind knob it took to leave the leader out just enough to restart the roll the next time he wanted to run that speed film. Crazy film people, cant you just turn the knob up front like the rest of us? I still believe that even though its a more forgiving format, film is a much harder medium to work with than digital.

Man I dont like this picture, DELETE, snap, THERE, much better!
I have a substantial amount of red myself as does one of my sons or I wouldn't use it.
08-14-2009, 11:08 PM   #26
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

For a real treat, do a little shooting with your Pentax-M 50/1.7 on the Ricoh. The smaller M lens on that body is a winning combination with great balance. You might also want to try your 100mm Macro. The FOV is greater, but I can guarantee that the results will be nice.

Steve
08-15-2009, 08:51 AM   #27

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
For a real treat, do a little shooting with your Pentax-M 50/1.7 on the Ricoh. The smaller M lens on that body is a winning combination with great balance. You might also want to try your 100mm Macro. The FOV is greater, but I can guarantee that the results will be nice.

Steve
If I do this I will have to do full manual correct? As the camera will not be able to detect what aperture I have chosen as my pentax lenses do not have the aperture lever that will tell the body what setting im at. It will definately be fun and I will have to try it out when I return from my vacation. Europe here I come!
08-15-2009, 11:00 PM   #28
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

If I do this I will have to do full manual correct? As the camera will not be able to detect what aperture I have chosen as my pentax lenses do not have the aperture lever that will tell the body what setting im at. It will definately be fun and I will have to try it out when I return from my vacation. Europe here I come!
Your Pentax-M 50/1.7 has an aperture ring should work just fine on the KR-10 Super in either manual or aperture priority auto modes. (The KR-10 has the original K-mount). The FA 100/3.5 Macro also has an aperture ring and should be used with the ring off the "A" setting.

Steve
08-16-2009, 08:55 AM   #29

Original Poster
Actually I just checked out my 50mm and it does have the aperture lever to tell the ricoh what aperture im set at so I can use A. the 100mm macro will have to be full manual but thats fine with me.