Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2009, 05:58 AM   #16
YJD
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Well my next adapter will be a Pentax, thanks Gus for the extra info.

Dave, I have seen that entry in the forum but I don't feel confident to do so. I even seen pictures of people doing it on 50mm lens and so on, but there process don't seems to work on my 135/3.5 because the lens is different I guess. But thanks anyway, I do appreciate knowing all the available options.

08-13-2009, 01:43 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Flanged M42 adapters can be useful for Bellows and plunger baby attachments... although that's a really specific use
08-13-2009, 03:51 PM   #18
Veteran Member

I've just ordered one from SRB Griturn in the UK, in my experience they have always been a good company to deal with and I'm sure they sent stuff internationally.

M42 lenses on Pentax K

This what they say about their adaptor -
M42 lenses on Pentax K

In order to preserve full range focus to infinity, this adaptor has to have no effective thickness. It clips into the throat of the camera and is retained in place with a small leaf spring whivch engages behind one of the bayonet lugs in the camera body. In order to remove the adaptor, this spring has to be depressed using your finger nail or the tip of a ball point pen. In some cameras, the adaptor can seema little loose. This is not problem as fitting the lens tightens it in place like a captive nut.

Allows any M42 lens to be used with full range focus to infinity. The basic adaptor requires auto lenses to have an auto/manual (A/M) switch to allow the lens to be used manually.

SPECIAL ORDER. If your lens is auto only, with no A/M switch, we can modify the standard adaptor to provide a shoulder which depresses the aperture pin as the lens is screwed in. This is not suitable for Pentax ES lenses. Please allow 4-6 weeks for delivery

The pictures of some Nikon adaptors show the name "Kood" so maybe they are all made by the same manufacturer? Kood have a decent reputation, I'll see when my adaptor arrives in the next few days.
08-13-2009, 06:36 PM   #19
YJD
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks, let me know what you think of its quality.