Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #1

Can I use this cosina cosinon lens?

Hi!! I just got Pentax ME Super, and came across a cheap lens on the web but I don't know if it fits on my camera. The text around the lens says "MC COSINON-T 135mm 1:3.5". I can't figure out if cosinon-t means that it is for K-mount cameras or cosinon-t is made for several mounts. Does anybody know? I've attached a picture of it. The seller doesn't seem to know.

Thanks.

Attached Images

08-13-2009, 03:40 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Welcome to the forums Morb1.
It is kind of hard to tell with the lens on its side.
It would be easier, I think, to figure it out if the photo was of the mount itself or the lens back side that shows the mount.
It might have some markings that say K, R or K/R or KA/R.
The aperture ring also give a clue as to whether it can be used for Pentax..although not always.
Usually an "A" marking (usually green in color) past the highest aperture number on the aperture ring suggests that it is an "A" lens that can be use for Pentax.
Somebody here might give you a more definite answer but with a photo of the lens not even showing the aperture ring side of the lens nor the lens mount itself, I am highly doubtful that anyone can confirm..not unless they have owned this specific lens.
08-13-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
80% sure its a standard K Mount. No other lens has aperture lever that sticks out that far + lever guard. Best thing would be to ask the seller for another photo of the mount.
08-14-2009, 01:01 PM   #4
Veteran Member

It's either Nikon or Pentax mount, I would say. A photo of the mount straight on will tell us.

Cosinon-T is just the name Cosina gave its long lenses. 'T' stands for 'telephoto' as far as I know. Their 50mm lenses were Cosinon-S (standard?) and their 24mm and 28mm were Cosinon-W (wide, I pressume).

They made very few P/KA lenses, so this is most likely a P/K mount, meaning you'll need to use stop-down metering on your DSLR. Other than that, I'm pretty sure it's a very good lens. I have the 135mm f/2.8 and 200mm f/4 Cosinon-T's, and they're fine performers. Your only complaint might be the rather long minimum focusing distance of 1.35m (4.4ft).

08-14-2009, 01:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Ah, I just saw that you have an ME Super. In that case, this lens (if it's Pentax mount) will provide all the functions a Pentax lens would and you'll be able to use all shooting modes on your camera.