Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-22-2007, 10:27 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Yeah, you can unfish it, but I have never tried so I cant say give you any feedback on that. Not yet, maybe I will try that when I get back from Atlanta taking shots of the stadium and what not. I think the FE is more of a complimentary lens than anything else as of now, unless the unfish thing proves to be very sucessful. The 12-24 is close to double what I paid for the FE, so I went with that first.

05-22-2007, 10:28 AM   #17
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Buddha Jones Quote

*snip*

I will find out just how wide it really is when I take it to the ballpark this weekend. Wanna see how much of Turner Field I can get into it.
Wow! That's gotta be some lens! I might be able to fit a wadded up tissue into mine if I tried hard enough! The only thing I gotta ask is "how heavy will it get with a large chunk of Turner field in it?

NaCl(technology is just so amazing these days!)H2O
05-22-2007, 10:38 AM   #18

QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
The Zenitar 16mm recommended here is priced nicely - but I think I want a little wider (thus elimination ghe 16-45 as well). Ahhhhhhhh so many choices ... so few funds ....
One thing to keep in mind is that you can't compare FOV on a fish eye and a rectilinear lens.

http://www.zen70100.zen.co.uk/jpgfiles/lens%20tests/PTLens/focal-length2-2.jpg
According to this, the Z is actually slightly wider than 14mm when de-fished. Some day, I might measure the FOV myself, but so far taking pictures of the real world has been more fun
05-22-2007, 10:59 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by daacon Quote
I have been looking at this - this is a Fish-Eye right ? How is the distortion ?
Hi daacon the distortion isn't too bad, with careful framing and a bit of cropping you can eliminate it almost completely. But to be truthful the distortion makes it kinda fun here are two links to some series I did with it:
Washington:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/5966-mr-zenitar-goes-washington.html
And local beach/park:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/post-your-photos/4404-i-lied-8-a.html

NaCl(if those don't make your decision making a bit more difficult, nothing can)H2O

05-22-2007, 11:40 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
Hi daacon the distortion isn't too bad, with careful framing and a bit of cropping you can eliminate it almost completely. But to be truthful the distortion makes it kinda fun here are two links to some series I did with it:
NaCl(if those don't make your decision making a bit more difficult, nothing can)H2O
Damn it , it does ...The Zenitar 16mm looks sweet - the price is good , f2.8 is awsome - ummm posted a question to seller on Ebay how quick I can get it. It is less than half he price as the 10 -17 and Sigma 10-20 - Still would not mind some zoom in the wide end - perhaps like Buddah that will just be queued up in the LBA ..

Love to buy a used one ... either the Zenitar or 10-17 ....will have to keep my eyes and ears open...

Thanks (I think) ... now what about that Flash ... what do I 'need' more ummmmmmmmmmmm
05-22-2007, 10:36 PM   #21
Veteran Member

I can always count on you Salty to make me laugh. The Z is such a nice lens that I may get one just cuz, but I do have a special secret project that I want to use the 10-17 for, I hope that it pans out for me. If I can figure out how to compose the scenes properly.