Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-16-2009, 09:06 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
FA 24 mm / 2

Can't compare the two, since i have only used the FA 24 mm before. I contemplated selling this off and getting the voigtlander 20mm, but after going out and taking shots with it, I am well satisfied with mine - even if I do get the 20mm, I think I'd still keep the FA*.

I'm no professional, so I'm not really that particular about the edge to edge sharpness of the lens. I have used the lens for different types of photography, but the one that really stands out in its capability to function in low light, wide open, with quite decent images (to me at least). I've no complaints about it in all the shots I've taken with it.

Lastly, here are just a variety of different images taken with the lens, for you to judge yourself:

landscape:

bokehs:

backlight

low light

09-16-2009, 09:54 AM   #17
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I also have the Sigma 28mm and it's an excellent low light lens. I use it to shoot weddings some of the time but frankly use the DA*16-50mm more just because no one stops and waits for me to change lenses when I have the wrong focal length.

That being said, I've owned the 31mm Ltd and although a stunning lens, It's not a fav for weddings, just a bit too long or too short all the time it seems. I'll be adding a Sigma 24mm this year for next season. I'm very pleased with the 28mm.

Why not buy an FA*24mm and check it out yourself? You can easily resell the lens for about or maybe more than you pay for it and consider any price difference as a rental fee. Only you will know if it suits your taste and needs. I've done this a few times and don't mind the small cost of reselling to be certain it's the right lens.

Consider that you are getting paid for the work and that small reselling cost is well worth it to get the right equipment. It pays for itself.
09-16-2009, 09:58 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Just one heads up, there is one FA/2 on ebay uk almost ending still at good price.
(I was just browsing since I suffer from LBA and yes I already have the FA 24 )
09-16-2009, 10:52 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
KEH has a few as well. One "Bargain" for $500 something. Not sure if that is a good deal.