Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2009, 05:01 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What happens when a lens is sent to pentax USA for repairs

My DA21mm came apart and I sent it to Pentax Services as it was still under warranty. They received it a week ago, and never heard back from them?

Do they usually let you know the problem and whether they can fix it etc.?, how long does this process usually take?

OR

Do they just fix and one day I will see it in my porch?, if so, how long does this usually take?

Thank you.

08-18-2009, 06:15 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Wouldn't it be best if you contacted Pentax about it, after all they got your lens in their possession and would be in a better position to answer your questions about it directly?
08-18-2009, 09:04 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I sent a DA 55-300 in for warranty work. As I recall, the Pentax website states that they don't notify you of receipt or status of the lens, only when it is sent in for out-of-warranty repair. About 3 weeks after I sent it in, much sooner than I had expected, a new lens was waiting for me. Their policy is 6-8 weeks as I recall. If you are worried, you can call and ask for a status. I didn't bother as I was perfectly happy to wait for the 6 weeks to go by before I panicked.
08-19-2009, 02:34 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
My DA21mm came apart and I sent it to Pentax Services as it was still under warranty. They received it a week ago, and never heard back from them?

Do they usually let you know the problem and whether they can fix it etc.?, how long does this process usually take?

OR

Do they just fix and one day I will see it in my porch?, if so, how long does this usually take?

Thank you.
This might help out a bit:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-news-rumors/68822-pentax-usa-out-repair-business.html

I would call and see what is up status wise. If they sent it out to C.R.I.S. call them...the folks there are GREAT to work with...I have dealt with them as have friends on a few Sigma lenses all with super results. Delays are almost always due to needing parts from Japan or wherever...and who knows where HoyaTax keeps their parts department these days.

Hang in there but do call and ask...and remember the person on the phone is only trying to find the info, and are doing their best to help. Smack the techs around all ya want though, I mean they usually deserve it for one reason or another. hehehe...JUST JOKING about smacking around your tech, unless of course he/she likes that sort of thing.

08-19-2009, 02:50 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
I am heading to Vegas in 4 weeks, and I think the lens should be back by the...may be I will place a call and see.

Thanks.
08-19-2009, 08:50 PM   #6
Veteran Member

I have sent my K20 and my DA 16-50 in for repair and they had both for about 2 weeks. But it really depends on what type of work they are doing to dictate time. Anyway, I called after I knew they receive them and they gave me a repair order number and a pin. They can be used at this page PENTAX Imaging Company to check the status. It will only basic only tell you when repair is done and they have shipped it back. When it is shipped back they provide a tracking number. Good luck and have fun in Vegas.

Last edited by OrenMc; 08-20-2009 at 04:19 AM.