Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

View Poll Results: How many Pentax and Takumar lenses do you own compared to 3rd party lenses?
I own only Pentax and Takumar lenses. 4625.27%
I own only 3rd party lenses. 21.10%
I own both Pentax/Takumar and 3rd party lenses, but more Pentax/Takumar. 9150.00%
I own both Pentax/Takumar and 3rd party lenses, but more 3rd party. 2513.74%
I own an equal number of Pentax/Takumar and 3rd party lenses. 189.89%
Voters: 182. You may not vote on this poll

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #46
Veteran Member

too many lenses?

I can't check the exact count (MANY!) right now, but I know that most of my zooms are Pentax, and most primes aren't. Most AF lenses are Pentax, most manual focus lenses aren't, even though I have a nice batch of old Taks etc. That's just how the eBay lens-buying-spree derby worked out.

02-17-2010, 12:29 AM   #47
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Unless I have no other option, I usually like to stick with the manufacturer branded lenses because the build quality tends to be much better. I found that I used to start with the most affordable lenses and then slowly work my way up to the "better" lenses, however I realized I lost quite a bit of money that way. Now I just buy whats the best available lens for my needs, I may kick myself for a bit but usually am much happier in the end.