Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2009, 03:10 PM   #1

Soligor lens for K10D

I have a Soligor 90-230 f4.5 lens that I used on my old Minolta SRT. It has a removable T-2/T-4 mount. Does anyone make an adaptor that I could use to fit this gem to my Pentax? It is a hunk of pure metal....2.2#. Any info would be helpful. Thanks in advance. This used to be a pretty decent lens, and might be comprable to a Vivitar.
How might this perform, and would it be worth the effort/cost?

08-20-2009, 06:49 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
There is a adapter for the K mount, but I don't know much about it or whether it'll be worth the investment for you.
08-20-2009, 08:33 PM   #3
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
You can sometimes find an adapter on eBay (I've heard for $25 or so), but a search there just now netted me nothing. Last week I was looking at a lens that included the adapter that went for $29.99. That might be the way to go about it.

Maybe check your local pawn shops, as I happened to acquire a Soligor T4 - M42 adapter at one for $5 practically NIB --- neither I nor the clerk knew what it was at the time, so he just sold it to me to get rid of it (and I bought it thinking if I never find a use for it, I can probably sell it for the same amount).

As far as the lens goes: no clue how it would perform. I saw an M42 version of that lens in another pawn shop about a year ago, but didn't pull the trigger because a Soligor 75-205mm I'd bought a month prior turned out to be kind of crappy. However, various random searching over the past year has informed me that on occasion some Soligors are worth their weight.