Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-29-2021, 02:18 AM   #16
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Waffles Quote
I wonder if some of the issue, at least for used copies floating around, is the number of owners who practically tear the lens apart trying to get the hood off.
No, according to the repair guy, some copies had screws that simply weren't properly fastened at the factory. My copy might have been from a relatively early production run, the lens was introduced in late 2006, I think, and I bought it in Osaka in December 2007.

04-29-2021, 04:08 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
No, according to the repair guy, some copies had screws that simply weren't properly fastened at the factory. My copy might have been from a relatively early production run, the lens was introduced in late 2006, I think, and I bought it in Osaka in December 2007.

Sorry, I was just making a joke about the number of people who have had trouble with the lens hood. Not about your particular case.
04-30-2021, 04:35 AM   #18

I am not aware of lens hood issues or that type of rough handling by users: however the 'too-loose screws' does make some sense. When I was removing screws inside the lens barrel that locate the parts, attempting to re-assemble the lens halves, I was able to unscrew them easily. I can't say if they had not been tight enough on assembly, but as I noted in previous comment, the external screws are so tight that I could not remove them.

My lens was second-hand and may be from early production date also. I will have a look at serial number later.

Last edited by davidatbeat; 04-30-2021 at 04:37 AM. Reason: added extra comment