Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2009, 02:35 AM   #1
Inactive Account

Lens hood for Tokina AT-X 60-120mm

Can anyone please recommend lens hood for Tokina 60-120mm. Should I go for rubber hood or petal/flower plastic one? Looking at ebay, I would say that most of plastic hoods are dimensioned for 18-55mm. Should I use longer hood for 60-120?
Many thanks in advance.

08-21-2009, 03:45 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If you are using the lens on digital then something similar to the hood on the DA* 50-135 would probably be a good place to start. The generic screw on wide angle hoods won't do much to prevent flare on a longer lens.

If you look around these sites you can play with different hood designs until you find one that works, then make your own out of craft foam or cardboard.

Free printable cardboard lens hoods
Digital lens hoods
08-22-2009, 12:54 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I will try this and post back results. Thanks!