Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2009, 08:21 AM   #46
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Wheatfield Quote
This is, at the moment, Pentax's biggest failing, in my opinion. They don't have a fast normal lens for their DSLR line. The closest they come to it is the 31/1.8, which is a nice lens, but it's not a 1.4.
I think they were pretty retarded when they put the 35/2.8 macro on the market, even though it is a very good optic. It's too close in focal length to the 40 and no faster.
What they should have put on the market instead is something in the range of a 30mm f/1.4.
Agreed. Seems odd that they got 50mm Macro replacement out before they got a 50mm normal replacement out.

31 Limited's very nice, but as you say, a little slow, especially for the price. As I've said before...

...bring on the People's Prime!

28, 30, or 35mm f1.4. Metal mount, plastic barrel to keep costs down, and SDM maybe, but I'd rather it be a little less expensive, more accessible, and compact. Similar performance to FA 50.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, canon, k-mount, kit, lens, mg, nikon, pentax, pentax lens, slr lens