Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-21-2009, 07:32 AM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
isn't it funny?

Why, when we have a lens or body to sell in the marketplace, we think it is attractive to price it at say 10-15% under the new price or even higher than a KEH EX+ price, AND charge shipping AND a Paypal surcharge, AND the economy bein' what it is? Just ponderin' Besides doesn't everyone have more than enough lenses. I've gotten to where I take more and better photos with my Panasonic TZ5. Ummm, I think I'll get off my soapbox now.

08-21-2009, 08:37 AM   #2

heh

ya, I kinda know what you mean about the prices, but I always have to remind myself of what people have to pay in EU or Aus. I'm sure you would be shocked at what you could sell your FA35 for, lol.
08-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Reality Check

I have never ever sold any of my camera stuff, so I can only speculate that I would probably be disappointed between what I think it is worth, and what people are really willing to pay.

It really isn't funny
08-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ustacood Quote
gotten to where I take more and better photos with my Panasonic TZ5.
What do you mean by better?

I came to photography after decades as an audiophile, and I find the price of used lenses quite a shock. In audio, second-hand prices start at 50% and go down from there.

I am not about to pay 10-15% less for a used lens that may or may not be 100%, and lose the warranty period. I bought two inexpensive old lenses, and both had issues. I'm resistant to buying used again.

08-21-2009, 09:24 AM   #5
Veteran Member

If the price is too high, no one will bite and it'll come down.

In general, prices on the marketplace are waaaay better than eBay or KEH, and I hope it stays that way. It's nice to know your gear is going to someone who will appreciate and use it.
08-21-2009, 09:54 AM   #6
Forum Member

Original Poster
The best camer is the one you carry

QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
What do you mean by better?

I came to photography after decades as an audiophile, and I find the price of used lenses quite a shock. In audio, second-hand prices start at 50% and go down from there.

I am not about to pay 10-15% less for a used lens that may or may not be 100%, and lose the warranty period. I bought two inexpensive old lenses, and both had issues. I'm resistant to buying used again.

It is the one I carry with me the most. Easiest to travel. Takes sharp pics for a P&S. I have spent too much time saying, "Wow, I would like to have photos like the ones posted with that lens." Then I think I really want it, then I buy it. Then it sits in my bag. Maybe I can't use my K10 very well but I try hard to see a difference between the two cameras in terms of color, sharpness. I know about the FF issue and have fixed it. I guess it has gotten me back to my college photo days with my K1000 and M50f2/ B&W film. "It's all about composition."

Brent