Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2009, 04:15 AM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Help with lens problem

I have a pentax K30mm f/2.8 prime lens which i use with my K100 super camera. The lens aperture blades now stick, making the lens unusable in "green button" manual mode. This is a superb lens, but a professional repair would be too costly. Is a home repair possible, or does anyone have an ingenious solution? I use this lens frequently and would hate to lose it.

08-23-2009, 06:16 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Have you priced having it repaired? I just had an A 50/1.4 CLA'd for $55 and it looks and feels like a brand new lens.

gl
08-23-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
Pentaxian

That's one of the lenses I'd pay to have fixed. It isn't a home repair (really very few lens problems are). The lens needs to be opened and the iris blades need to be cleaned, and the entire mechanism should be cleaned and relubed.
After reassembly, the lens should be recollimated to make sure the optical path is as it should be. If you don't have a lens collimator, you probably can't fix a lens that needs to have it's glass removed.

You can try it at home, but the odds are you'll not ever have the lens to use again.