Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2009, 09:53 AM   #1

SEARS 80-200mm aperture not working

Hello dear Pentaxians. I have a problem with this lens. Until today it was working normally, but during todays trip, aperture stopped to change when I rotate aperture ring. But it also stays wide open when I move aprture lever. Did somebody dissassembled this lens, so he/she can help me to solve this problem? Its very good lens...

Attached is sample photo to see nice background and photos of mount(depressed/pressed lever)

Thanks in advance for some tips..
Michal

Last edited by michalko99; 08-29-2009 at 08:05 AM.
08-24-2009, 09:44 AM   #2

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by michalko99 Quote
Hello dear Pentaxians. I have a problem with this lens. Until today it was working normally, but during todays trip, aperture stopped
to change when I rotate aperture ring. But it also stays wide open when I move aprture lever. Did somebody dissassembled this lens, so he/she can help me
to solve this problem? Its very good lens...

Attached is sample photo to see nice background and photos of mount(depressed/pressed lever)

Thanks in advance for some tips..
Michal
good evening to all..There is no longer need to wait for any advice. I got upset and decided to repair it by myself. I just needed small screwdriver and half hour
of time to investigate what is wrong. There is spring wire ring inside, which is loading aperture lever spring(that tiny one). It was near lever and because there
was not enough torque by spring, it stayed on its last position. I just simply moved ring to opposite side and assembled lens together. Now its working brilliant again.
Even when lens costed me 10 bucks + some shipping, I like it very much and now I have to wait for diagonal split circle focusing screen from jinfinance

best regards
Michal

Attachment 41787
Attachment 41788
Name:  IMGP4013.jpg
Views: 853
Size:  167.2 KB
Attachment 41790
View Picture EXIF
Name:  IMG_2646.jpg
Views: 733
Size:  228.5 KB

Last edited by michalko99; 08-29-2009 at 08:05 AM.