Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-01-2009, 09:04 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ah, the joys of being single... that said you guys don't make it very enticing for a aspiring photographer still in the market for more gear to want to get married.

As for the 50-135, come on, you know you want one! Just look at it, how could you not buy it!

I bought mine off farfisa last week, originally jsherman999's. It arrived Monday.

09-01-2009, 09:19 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Forget the baby. You'll never get another lens going that route. Formula is expensive. Get the lens anyway. What's the worst that can happen?
Once you conceive, you have to make plans for image capture. This is the best excuse I know, and I stumbled apon it.

This simple shot convinced my wife the 77ltd was worth the purchase price:

09-01-2009, 09:20 PM   #18
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by F-Stop Quote
Ah, the joys of being single... that said you guys don't make it very enticing for a aspiring photographer still in the market for more gear to want to get married.

As for the 50-135, come on, you know you want one! Just look at it, how could you not buy it!

I bought mine off farfisa last week, originally jsherman999's. It arrived Monday.

Ah, there's the little guy!
09-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Pentax er.. i mean Hoya Corp should definitly use these images in their Pentax PR materials. XD

09-01-2009, 09:39 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Ah yes...have a kid. First son I went with Canon....but I came back to Pentax with my second... and I'm glad I did. I have both the 16-50 and 50-135...I could probably let the 16-50 go...but the 50-135 still blows me away....also worth waiting for if that is the best route for you. Who knows....someone might post a good used copy here??
09-01-2009, 10:30 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Yep, he's well adjusted in his new home now.

I haven't had a chance to get out and take anything beyond test photos but wow is this sharp.

Of course I couldn't leave it at that, I had to take a test image to show.

K100D 6M +1 Sharpness 1/100 sec F5.6 ISO 200. No editing, just 3% JPEG compression when saved to reduce file size.

Thanks FotoPete for the photo kudos! Those were taken with my Tamron 17-50, Metz 48 on P-TTL bounced off ceiling and wall to left, camera set to Av. The background is just a 12x18" sheet of fun foam from a craft store (I'm making ABBC - a better bounce card). The first pic I used a white sheet of the fun foam on edge to reflect some light back. Rudimentary setup but I'm still a strobist beginner. Now if Pentax would like to send me new lenses for advertising purposes I'm game.

SMC, if you ever consider selling the 16-50 in the distant future, tapped out for a while now, let me know. My Tammy has AF issues. I may send it back for potential repair but I've read they claim it's not an issue, nothing to fix, so I may be out of luck. It will lock on once but won't readjust to other objects.
09-02-2009, 12:28 AM   #22
axl
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by farfisa Quote
This is good advice with the 50-135.
I wouldn't do that with a wide angle though! Definitely not helping anything!
totaly agree here... I remember I went crazy when I first got my Sigma 10-20. My wife still screams every time I point that one on her

BR

09-02-2009, 06:01 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
Give her a baby (I recommend doing it the old fashioned way so don't steal one) and convince her that only this lens will produce photos like the pros so you will save money by not having to get professional studio shots. By the way, the 50-135 is a great lens!
just had a baby in June!!! That's our third...so you can see why the lens fund is less of a priority these days...
09-02-2009, 06:04 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
I don't usually respond to these, I like to avoid domestic disturbances, but as a very satisfied owner of the DA*50-135, I have to say that you probably won't care what she has to say after your first use of this majestic lens. It is superb beyond description and as dependable as any lens I have heard of for obtaining superb IQ. A joy to use and a true performer of the first class. One of those lenses where you mount it and all of a sudden get a feeling of security that you are about to get the images you desire...without excuses.
Regards
Rupert
Hi Rupert...this is hardly a domestic disturbance.

But thanks for throwing in your two cents. If you'd please throw in 74,997 cents I could go buy the lens.
09-02-2009, 06:09 AM   #25
Veteran Member

Original Poster

thanks...drooling...
09-02-2009, 06:46 AM   #26
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by jsherman999 Quote
Once you conceive, you have to make plans for image capture. This is the best excuse I know, and I stumbled upon it.

This simple shot convinced my wife the 77ltd was worth the purchase price:
Notice however I did say to get the lens anyway. I mean what's the worst that could happen? She kicks you out? You kick her out? It's a win-win and you get the lens.

I need a tool chest like F-Stop's.
09-02-2009, 07:01 AM   #27
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s Quote
Notice however I did say to get the lens anyway. I mean what's the worst that could happen? She kicks you out? You kick her out? It's a win-win and you get the lens.

Always the devil's advocate, eh?
Yeah, those 'tools' he's got on the tool chest look like they'd come in handy...
09-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #28
graphicgr8s

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Always the devil's advocate, eh?
Yeah, those 'tools' he's got on the tool chest look like they'd come in handy...
Would you (would anybody) assume anything else?

I do have my serious side though.
09-02-2009, 08:28 AM   #29
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by DanLoc78:
thanks...drooling...
You're WELCOME!

QuoteOriginally posted by graphicgr8s:
No longer have a garage at this new apartment, the tool cabinet was a gift from my brother 3 years ago and never used. Found the perfect use for it though! Upper drawer is perfect for flatware, lower drawers in bottom cabinet are bigger and deeper, perfect for storing wine, rum or other similar sized bottles of choice. Despite seeing all that it gets little use, I usually drink home brew I make.
09-02-2009, 02:11 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Ironically my wife called me just now and the first things she says is "You can get a lens if I can get a crackberry"

So...who's in the market for a DA 50-200?!? Gotta offload that before I seal the deal on the 50-135