Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Thank you.
If you ever get the chance, check out a big scope. One that is 12" or larger. They look like a cruise missle launcher. LOL

09-08-2009, 11:36 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by wildlifephotog Quote
Thank you.
If you ever get the chance, check out a big scope. One that is 12" or larger. They look like a cruise missle launcher. LOL
Thank you for sharing the wonderful setup. The scope would be too huge for me to handle and I can't image the 12" scope or larger one would look like. If you have recommendation for a portable setup that you like, please share us the brand and model that we can study and get inspired from the information.

It will be great if there is a portable scope that can be used easily and that can also be used for birding and observing night sky such as the moon and not-too-distant stars. I don't know if such a scope exist for dual purpose.

Thanks again,
Hin
09-08-2009, 11:38 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ivoire Quote
Hinman, that looks like my setup only i have a Giotto brand ball head with a heavy aluminum and steel unknown brand tripod. Shown with the f*300mm and Kenko MC7 PZ-AF 2x tc made by Tokina. It will autofocus with this lens.
Ivoiree, I have the exact same set up like yours. My copy of 2x AF TC comes from Tokina but it has both the wordings of Tokina and Kenko teleplus on the TC. Thanks for sharing your picture of the setup. What ball-head model you use for your setup with Giottos?

Thanks,
Hin
09-08-2009, 12:34 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by hinman Quote
Ivoiree, I have the exact same set up like yours. My copy of 2x AF TC comes from Tokina but it has both the wordings of Tokina and Kenko teleplus on the TC. Thanks for sharing your picture of the setup. What ball-head model you use for your setup with Giottos?

Thanks,
Hin
Hin, it's a Giotto MH-1001 base and MH-200 ball. It is quite nice as the base for the camera body screws in and then locks into the ballhead. The TC is listed as a Kenko, produced by Tokina. I would imagine they are identical. I bought it usedon ebay. there is a new one here if interested, but not the same ball:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Giotto-MH-1001-Med-Ball-Head-w-Independent-Panning-Lock_...d=p3286.c0.m14

Last edited by ivoire; 11-03-2010 at 08:43 PM.
09-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K10D, Pentax F* 300mm f4.5 and Pentax 1.7x Teleconverter. Hand held.