Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2009, 05:04 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Sigma warranty repair failure?

I ordered a Sigma 24-60mm f/2.8 EX DG for my Pentax K10D, and when it turned up it was immediately apparent it was back-focusing. Sent it back under warranty, and they sent it off to Melbourne for alignment or whatever Sigma does. I got the lens back today, and straight away with some shots of a newspaper at f/2.8 I can tell it's still back-focusing. Did some more tests, recurring back-focusing all the time. The K10D has no focus adjustment feature (although I recall you can hack the software to allow it), but don't want to be doing this every time I want to use the lens.

I don't know why the Sigma lens still has the issue it was sent in for. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping the issue isn't with the K10D. I haven't had any problems like this with other lenses.

09-03-2009, 05:10 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by CWyatt Quote
I ordered a Sigma 24-60mm f/2.8 EX DG for my Pentax K10D, and when it turned up it was immediately apparent it was back-focusing. Sent it back under warranty, and they sent it off to Melbourne for alignment or whatever Sigma does. I got the lens back today, and straight away with some shots of a newspaper at f/2.8 I can tell it's still back-focusing. Did some more tests, recurring back-focusing all the time. The K10D has no focus adjustment feature (although I recall you can hack the software to allow it), but don't want to be doing this every time I want to use the lens.

I don't know why the Sigma lens still has the issue it was sent in for. Has anyone else had this problem? I'm hoping the issue isn't with the K10D. I haven't had any problems like this with other lenses.
Get the debug mode for the K10D and then you can do adjustmenets via camera yourself. Saves the trouble of sending it to Sigma.
09-03-2009, 10:25 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
If you want the problem fixed your best solution is to send both the camera and the lens in for a proper calibration.
I don't know what they do, however I know the results are often magic.