Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-06-2009, 02:44 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

If you don't mind going a tad longer, the Sigma 30/1.4 might be a good choice.

09-06-2009, 10:59 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The Sigma has good center performance but is pretty weak in the corners and out of my wanted price range - however the Sigma 24 and 28 look quite attractive.
09-08-2009, 10:44 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Incidentally there is a SMC Pentax 1:2/28 on Ebay (for those with money http://cgi.ebay.de/SMC-Pentax-1-2-28-Asahi-Opt-Co-VERY-RARE-LENS-9_W0QQitemZ...d=p3286.c0.m14).
Unfortunately I was right about the price - this one is proposed to cost US $700.
True, this is the Zeiss Distagon so I didn't expect it to be cheap but the M version is probably also above $200.
I don't doubt it's a very good lens but I don't think it's worth that much to me.
So, unless somebody finds or has one that sells much cheaper this lens is out of range.

This leaves the Sigma 24 or 28mm f/1.8 and the Vivitar (but the M! 1:2/28 is still in the back of my head).

I'd prefer the Vivitar because of it's price but I also like the Sigma's f/1.8 and its close focus capabilities.

If someone around here has one: how close does it really focus - I've read it does way less than 7in/18cm.