Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
a50/1.7 jammed

Well, I went and did it. It appears that I broke the aperature ring when unmounting the lens from my camera. Now, it'll go from 1.7 -> 11, that's it.

There were a few posts about unscrewing the ring and watching for ball bearings, etc - does anyone have a photo of what I'll see when I do this? Also, can the broken parts be removed and the camera put back together to work in "A" mode again?

Thanks,
John

09-06-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
Site Supporter

As far as I know, the little ball bearing is what makes the camera click into each position when you turn the ring, its what you 'feel' as your turning the aperture ring and the clicks, that and a special flat metal spring, I am not sure on the metal flat spring but I am fairly sure on the ball bearing as I took it apart and did not know about it and it came rolling out (I hate when ball bearings come out of no where lol), but I figured out where it went and what it does. There are break downs on the web, expand your search and look for the schematic of it. I think it may be easy to fix.
09-06-2009, 12:30 PM   #3
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Found the repair post on the net.

Digital Camera Repair: Pentax 50mm lens fix
09-06-2009, 01:51 PM   #4
Site Supporter

Original Poster
Well, got it back together again - that "silver bullet" thing was horrible to deal with. I ended up leaving the broken tang off, so it doesn't lock into "A" but the function does work when A is engaged.

09-09-2009, 11:25 AM   #5

I just picked up this lens and the same thing was wrong with it. I used loctite super glue gel to affix the tang that fell off. That stuff works great.