Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-07-2009, 07:18 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax-A 35mm f2.8 elusive?

Hello,

I started looking for this lens but it seems to be very elusive plus making a search for 35mm is always plentiful...
Is that lens very rare or am I doing something wrong.
BTW the f2.0 is also rare so...
I usually manage to source my lenses not always at the cheapest price but I usually find what I am looking for.

Cheers,

Luc

09-07-2009, 07:31 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Considering you have the FA31, would a DA35 work, or is there a specific reason to want the A version? (the A28/2.8 and A85/1.4 are two lenses I love to use so I wouldn't blame you)
09-07-2009, 08:19 PM   #3
Veteran Member

I might be able to find one for you if you can swap w/ your K30/2.8
09-07-2009, 08:23 PM   #4

Luc,

I don't think the A 35mm is an especially rare lens -- that is I don't think only a few were made. I think the problem is that anyone who has one is keeping it.

Think about it: K mount, electronic aperture reading, and an effective 52mm lens when mounted on a Pentax digital camera. It's the perfect normal lens for anyone who want a manual focus lens on his DSLR.

That said, I've seen a couple sell on auction this year and several sold last year. The prices ran from 100-200 US$. The average was about $120.00. So be patient and one will turn up. They are tricky to search for because you have to specify it's the lens you are looking for. Otherwise you'll get all the 35mm cameras too. Good luck.

Vern

09-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by jslifoaw Quote
Considering you have the FA31, would a DA35 work, or is there a specific reason to want the A version? (the A28/2.8 and A85/1.4 are two lenses I love to use so I wouldn't blame you)
I am a little bit of a hoarder so that I like to have a "line" of lenses i.e several k that I use together, FA ltd,... and now A for my DSLR.
I have 24mm, 50mm and 100mm and a 35mm would be a nice addition.
Besides I get only FF lenses...

Cheers,

Luc
09-07-2009, 09:01 PM   #6
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
I might be able to find one for you if you can swap w/ your K30/2.8
You know the answer on that one

Cheers,

Luc
09-07-2009, 09:03 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Vern Quote
Luc,

I don't think the A 35mm is an especially rare lens -- that is I don't think only a few were made. I think the problem is that anyone who has one is keeping it.

Think about it: K mount, electronic aperture reading, and an effective 52mm lens when mounted on a Pentax digital camera. It's the perfect normal lens for anyone who want a manual focus lens on his DSLR.

That said, I've seen a couple sell on auction this year and several sold last year. The prices ran from 100-200 US$. The average was about $120.00. So be patient and one will turn up. They are tricky to search for because you have to specify it's the lens you are looking for. Otherwise you'll get all the 35mm cameras too. Good luck.

Vern
These are all the good reasons I would like one to complete my set
Good news that they show up from time to time, I will keep looking.

Cheers,

Luc

09-07-2009, 09:38 PM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lbenac Quote
These are all the good reasons I would like one to complete my set
Good news that they show up from time to time, I will keep looking.

Cheers,

Luc
I have one. I like it for the small size, got it over the A 35/2 that I was also considering. I usually don’t buy my lenses cheap, as I look for what I want and then place the max amount I want to pay, in the Ebay auctions. (And I don’t buy my stuff, with resale in mind).

If it is special for you to have it, I could consider selling it. Though my plan was to have it in the everyday bag, along with my recent Super-A.

Here are some pictures of it, showing the size :
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/56949-cba-part-i.html

Here is a picture, I took from it :
PENTAX Photo Gallery

I paid 161 Euro for it, 2 ˝ year ago, (as I was planning for my K10). That is 230 US $.
I have yet to lose an auction at Ebay. As I don’t use it to make a deal, but go in to try and get what I’ve come upon.
(Edit : checking now through my old mails, I see that my max was set to 210 Euro, which is 300 $ US. Some might feel that I overpay for the stuff I buy used. But if I find an item in good shape and well described; then I’ve already spent a lot of time narrowing down what I want. I spent 2 years back in the day; figuring out that the film SLR I wanted, was the Z-1P. Coming to the U.S. on vacation, I got it almost immediately).

Not related, but how do you like your A 24/2.8 ? Is it a good lens ? The opinion of the FA* 24/2 differs.
And how is the K 55/1.8 ? (I have a K 50/1.2 that I really like. Got it over the A 50/1.2, as I wanted to find out about the K-series lenses).

Cool set-up in your signature

Last edited by Jonson PL; 09-07-2009 at 10:46 PM.
09-07-2009, 09:59 PM   #9

I am a little bit of a hoarder so that I like to have a "line" of lenses i.e several k that I use together, FA ltd,... and now A for my DSLR.
I have 24mm, 50mm and 100mm and a 35mm would be a nice addition.
Besides I get only FF lenses...

Cheers,

Luc
Oh no, not LBA again! I confess, I have a series of Super Taks from 28mm-200mm for my Spotties, a series of SMC Taks from 24mm-300mm for my F and ESII. A nice set of M lenses for my KM and K2. And a few A's and FA's. They FA's are for my PZ-1p and K10d. I also have the DA 18-55mm and 50-200mm I got with my *ist DS. I too would like an A35 and A85, but I'm not it too big a hurry to find one. Each new lens gets close scrutiny these days starting with the complaint, not another lens!

Good luck in your quest.

Vern
09-07-2009, 10:06 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sune,

Well if you are willing to sell around the price range that you outlined, I am more than willing to buy This would make for a good line-up for A lenses 24, 35, 50, 100 and I would be all set for my digital needs .

I really like the A-24mm on DSLR. I had it before with a K100d and just loved it.

And of course I love the K-24mm and the K-55mm on SLR.

PM me if you want to sell the lens and thank you very much for the offer regardless.
BTW I am also selling a black K2 and a black MX just serviced by Eric which might be your next step after the SuperA...

Cheers,

Luc

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
I have one. I like it for the small size, got it over the A 35/2 that I was also considering. I usually don’t buy my lenses cheap, as I look for what I want and then place the max amount I want to pay, in the Ebay auctions. (And I don’t buy my stuff, with resale in mind).

If it is special for you to have it, I could consider selling it. Though my plan was to have it in the everyday bag, along with my recent Super-A.

Here are some pictures of it, showing the size :
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-film-slr-discussion/56949-cba-part-i.html

Here is a picture, I took from it :
PENTAX Photo Gallery

I paid 161 Euro for it, 2 ˝ year ago. That is 230 $

Not related, but how do you like your A 24/2.8 ? Is it a good lens ? The opinion of the FA* 24/2 differs.
And how is the K 55/1.8 ? (I have a K 50/1.2 that I really like. Got it over the A 50/1.2, as I wanted to find out about the K-series lenses).

Cool set-up in your signature

Last edited by lbenac; 09-07-2009 at 10:18 PM.
09-07-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This store in the UK has a couple:

MrCad :: 35mm Camera :: Pentax PK :: Pentax Bodies + Lenses

Phil.
09-07-2009, 10:33 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
This store in the UK has a couple:

MrCad :: 35mm Camera :: Pentax PK :: Pentax Bodies + Lenses

Phil.
Hello Phil,

Thanks for the link. I have taken a chance of buying unseen as the price was really good. I might be in for a nasty surprise or a very good one.

Cheers,

Luc
09-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Sune,

Well if you are willing to sell around the price range that you outlined, I am more than willing to buy This would make for a good line-up for A lenses 24, 35, 50, 100 and I would be all set for my digital needs .

I really like the A-24mm on DSLR. I had it before with a K100d and just loved it.

And of course I love the K-24mm and the K-55mm on SLR.

PM me if you want to sell the lens and thank you very much for the offer regardless.
BTW I am also selling a black K2 and a black MX just serviced by Eric which might be your next step after the SuperA...

Cheers,

Luc
Beautiful shots. If you’re not happy with the sample of the A 35/2.8 from UK, you’re welcome to inquire more about my version of it, when you return from your vacation.
09-08-2009, 08:56 AM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hello Phil,

Thanks for the link. I have taken a chance of buying unseen as the price was really good. I might be in for a nasty surprise or a very good one.

Cheers,

Luc
Hope it works out Luc. I have not bought anything from this store, so looking forward to
how you find the transaction.

Let us know when you get it and post some pictures.

Phil.

PS Nice pictures, Peru?
09-08-2009, 10:45 AM   #15
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I read some very good feed-back on Photo.net about the store and some others so-so but nothing horrible.

I will let you know.

Cheers,

Luc

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Hope it works out Luc. I have not bought anything from this store, so looking forward to
how you find the transaction.

Let us know when you get it and post some pictures.

Phil.

PS Nice pictures, Peru?