Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-13-2009, 01:18 AM   #1

Tamron Adaptall help

Recently I acquired my late fathers Photo equipment, a Minolta SRT101 full of mould) and some lenses. One lens is a Tamron 80-250 zoom in excellent order and fitted with an Adaptall mount for the Minolta.

I would like to adapt this lens to my K200D Pentax and I do have a Pentax Adaptall adaptor.

Trouble is I cannot figure out how to remove the Milolta adaptor and fit the Pentax adaptor. The Minolta adaptor is more complicated as there is a mechanism to reverse the rotation of the aperture ring.

I would appreciate some advice. Can this adaption be done? Perhaps it needs to be done professionally, in which case, does anyone have any recommendations?

I would like to use the Tamron Lens occasionally in memory of my Dad

Thanks for your help

Pat Clarke
Sydney Aus

09-13-2009, 02:04 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
The adaptall mounts are designed to be changed with no tools, quickly and easily. Someware on the outside of the mount there should be a lever / pin to unlock the mount from the lens. It is then just removed as you would with any other bayonet and the pentax mount should then mount in the same (reverse order) way. There may be some information to help you here: Adaptall-2.com
09-13-2009, 04:07 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Here you go, the instructions that come with the adaptall
09-13-2009, 09:48 AM   #4
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Remember that there are 2 adaptall mount adapters. PK and PkA. The first allows it to work essentially like an M lens and the latter an A lens but the latter brings a premium.

09-14-2009, 01:53 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you all for your help.
I am away from the lens right now, but I will have another go when I get home.
I am reasonably mechanically adept, but I couldn't figure it out

I'll post with my results.

Thanks again

Pat
09-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #6

Over the years, I have bought a bunch of Adaptall lenses with various mounts attached (Nikon, Canon and Minolta) and some have been a bit sticky to remove if they've been left for a long time. If you follow the instructions and wiggle a bit, it should come off.

Mike