Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2009, 05:00 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sigma 70-200 HSM Slow Focus Issue

Recently the auto focus on my Sigma 70-200 HSM has become very slow. What was a second is now 3-5 seconds. It does auto focus but very slowly.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

Should I clean the contacts? They don't look dirty.

Nothing has happened to the lens. It got slow this weekend when I was doing some shooting outdoors in bright sunlight. The lens got very warm in the sun but was in my hands or hanging on my shoulder the whole time. It was not left out to bake in the sun.

Help,
joe

09-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by joelovotti Quote
Recently the auto focus on my Sigma 70-200 HSM has become very slow. What was a second is now 3-5 seconds. It does auto focus but very slowly.

Does anyone know what might be going on?

Should I clean the contacts? They don't look dirty.

Nothing has happened to the lens. It got slow this weekend when I was doing some shooting outdoors in bright sunlight. The lens got very warm in the sun but was in my hands or hanging on my shoulder the whole time. It was not left out to bake in the sun.

Help,
joe
Mine was slow when I got it and then stopped working altogether. I'd recommend sending it in for service.
09-14-2009, 06:12 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmm. Mine got aweful hot in my car once and was slow, but as soon as it cooled down, it was back to normal. I'm not sure where you're at, but it was miserable hot outside (understand I'm from WI though) and significantly more hot in the car yet besides. If it doesn't speed up when its in a bit cooler of an environment, I'd follow DWB's advice.