Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2009, 07:50 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

Yes SylBer, set whatever aperture you want with the aperture ring in manual mode, push the green button and the camera will set the shutter speed.

10-06-2009, 05:09 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Someone is selling the Kenko N-AF Uniplus Tube 25 and he claims that the AF works.

Does anyone has experience with this tube set?
I want to confirm that AF really works.

cheers
10-06-2009, 08:19 PM   #18
Veteran Member

Yes the Kenko Pz-AF Uniplus Tube 25 extension tube allows full AF. Obviously the lens you mount has to have AF functionality.
In addition, it offers full aperture control from the camera body when used with an A series lens (A setting on the aperture ring), F series, FA series, DA series and DFA series lenses.
10-07-2009, 07:02 AM   #19

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Here's a shot taken with the FA 50mm f/1.4 and the Kenko Pz-AF Uniplus Tube 25 extension tube. Dead easy to use.

This Kenko Uni Tube just a "Kenko TC 2x MC4 without optical thing" That make an AF Tube of 25mm.

I'm trying to collect about 6 pcs of TC PK-A to use as a 150mm Auto A Tube. Get 2 pcs now and wait for more. It's really hard to find.

Anyway, IMO, there is no need to use AF in Marco photography. I never believed that until the day I try 2x TC + 100/2.8 + Raynox 250.

12-24-2010, 05:52 PM   #20
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This *might* be what the OP is looking for:

Anillos extensores DELTA macro 13/21/31 para PENTAX bei eBay.de: Lentes y Filtros (endet 28.12.10 12:48:40 MEZ)

The advert is apparently in Spanish, but these apparently have electrical contacts and the text PKA/AF which might mean AutoFocus as usual or maybe not, someone that actually can Spanish might take a look?
12-25-2010, 03:43 PM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Terzof Quote
Anyway, IMO, there is no need to use AF in Marco photography. I never believed that until the day I try 2x TC + 100/2.8 + Raynox 250.
Quite right. Using the DCR-250 in AF on my FA100-300 or F35-70 or DA18-55 can be rather disconcerting. What the AF system thinks is the subject might not be what *I* think is the subject. Hopefully a macro subject isn't running around fast enough that AF is needed -- and if it is, there's always CIF with a manual lens.

Auto FOCUS isn't necessary for macro shoots. Auto APERTURE sure is handy, especially with flash. So there's the trick of knocking the glass from an auto-aperture TC and using that as a smart extension tube. Alas, I have but one such TC and I'm not yet willing to de-glass it as it's fairly good (a Focal) and I'd rather sacrifice something cheaper. One of these days...
12-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
This *might* be what the OP is looking for:

Anillos extensores DELTA macro 13/21/31 para PENTAX bei eBay.de: Lentes y Filtros (endet 28.12.10 12:48:40 MEZ)

The advert is apparently in Spanish, but these apparently have electrical contacts and the text PKA/AF which might mean AutoFocus as usual or maybe not, someone that actually can Spanish might take a look?
No, the screw drive slot is clearly not there where it should be on these--they are PK-A, but not AF.

By the way, this is an old thread.

12-25-2010, 05:21 PM   #23
Veteran Member

I saw those Foto-Tip tubes about a year ago, on Ebay, but didn't really want to spend the money at the time. There was a link to them from the LensTip site (I think it originates in Poland?) It looks like all the required contacts are there- they may not work for screw-drive but I wonder it they'd support SDM?
12-25-2010, 06:00 PM   #24
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by NeverSatisfied Quote
I saw those Foto-Tip tubes about a year ago, on Ebay, but didn't really want to spend the money at the time. There was a link to them from the LensTip site (I think it originates in Poland?) It looks like all the required contacts are there- they may not work for screw-drive but I wonder it they'd support SDM?
I don't see any SDM contacts, (and they should be visibile in that auctions picture), so I don't think it supports SDM.
12-26-2010, 03:38 AM   #25
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
It is, but I thought this would be in context here for the benefit of those looking something like these with forum or external search.
12-26-2010, 12:18 PM   #26
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by macTak Quote
And yet, a year later, nothing has changed with regard to TC availability for Pentax! Disappointing...

Ha! I meant "extension tubes", but the same still applies!

Last edited by NeverSatisfied; 12-26-2010 at 01:31 PM.