Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2009, 09:48 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Repair parts for lenses? (screws)

Hello,

Not sure if this is the right place for this thread but anyways..... Somebody I know gave me this lens because he had no idea what it was. It turned out to be a Pentax K mount. Now the lens is dirty and have some fungus inside. Looking at it, it doesn't seems to be any special lens so this is a good candidate to practice lens surgery. It was free anyways. I have successfully disassembled and cleaned several cheap lenses and I'm building up experience to try to do the same with my fungus infected / bent ring / otherwise useless Pentax A 50 f2
This lens is missing the screws on the side. So obviously has been taken apart before. Where can I get these screws? It seems to be otherwise complete and I tested it with my K1000 and it worked.
It's a Zykkor 135mm f2.8
Any comments on this lens?

Thanks,

09-20-2009, 10:36 PM   #2
pbo
Veteran Member

I can't really comment on the lens itself, but I do have a small collection of random screws, springs, etc stuff that came off some trash lenses (that I never put back ).
Anyways, the one you're missing in pic 2 seems to be a tiny screw, the head of which is the same diameter as the rest of the screw (so it kinda looks like a cylinder with grooves). I think I have one of those in my box, but gotta look. If I find one, I can send it to you.
10-26-2009, 10:14 AM   #3
Veteran Member

this is a very kind offer pbo!

Me too I have a lens with a missing screw, a tiny screw on the side of the focus barrel of a Jupiter-9 which makes the focus barrel wobble, see:

could anybody help?
pbo..if it was you..I am in Europe, so sending would incur some costs. But if you would and had some more screws off lenses / cameras you don't need I'd be very happy to offer you some payment via paypal for a small assortment of screws
10-26-2009, 02:13 PM   #4
Veteran Member

One place where you can get small screws from is the opticians. Eyeglasses have lot's of different sizes (although they all look the same when difference is +/-0,2mm or something like that).

kuuan: that setscrews you're missing might be harder to come by, but you might find one from a helios44 (find a cheap one). btw: You're images on mflenses were amazing! I've been looking at them over and over...

10-26-2009, 02:19 PM   #5
Veteran Member

kuuan-

Those are also known as "grub" screws.
10-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ovim Quote
One place where you can get small screws from is the opticians. Eyeglasses have lot's of different sizes (although they all look the same when difference is +/-0,2mm or something like that).

kuuan: that setscrews you're missing might be harder to come by, but you might find one from a helios44 (find a cheap one). btw: You're images on mflenses were amazing! I've been looking at them over and over...
oh, thank's a lot ovim.
I had tried some screws off broken glasses, but they all are too big, but a broken Helios is a great idea and advice, yes!
and ... the photos you had liked on mflenses, were they the ones from Nepal? all can be seen at my flickr page as well..

great Fixcinator, 'grub' screws they are called..this might help!
10-26-2009, 06:37 PM   #7
pbo
Veteran Member

I'll have to look if I have any. I have a box of assorted stuff, a lotta stuff gotta look a bit inside.

10-27-2009, 12:29 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pbo Quote
I'll have to look if I have any. I have a box of assorted stuff, a lotta stuff gotta look a bit inside.
thank you pbo
02-13-2010, 01:55 PM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Has anyone had success finding a place to sell these screws? I need one of those as well...