Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2009, 03:59 AM   #1
Banned

my new Heiland

I dont normally show off ebay purchases, but I got a rather good deal last night, and the best part was I only placed on bid, and went to sleep. I was sure as can be, I would be outbid and the price would reach well over 200 USD. a hefty price, but still a good deal overall. anyone else watching this one?

anyhow, here she is, just waiting on delivery now.

Heiland PENTAX Auto TAKUMAR LENS 35mm 1:2.3 WIDE ANGLE - eBay (item 110435387620 end time Sep-20-09 18:21:29 PDT)

Last edited by séamuis; 09-21-2009 at 04:12 AM.
09-21-2009, 04:37 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm watching the same lens from a UK seller, congrats.
09-21-2009, 05:01 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Congrats for getting it Séamuis,
seems to be a good investment as well as an interesting lens to use. Here's some more from the trusty Frank Mechelhoff a.k.a. Taunusreiter:

Press text: One of the world's brightest retrofocus wide angle lenses for single lens reflex cameras. Edge-to-edge sharp resolution at full aperture; unique lens design without distortion; suitable for architectural photography.

Remarks: This was the first "Auto Takumar" non-standard lens, as well as the first fast SLR wideangle "reporter lens" (marketed Autumn 1958) which gave Pentax a clear advantage. It was replaced in 1963 by a Super-Takumar 2.0/35 with even bigger filter! (67mm) and more weight. It's one of the nicest lenses of the early period, well made and not heavyweight.
Performance wise it shows significant chromatic aberrations at high aperture (probably because of the great distance of the single front element to the correcting group).
Nonetheless an important lens for every Early Pentax collector...

This pic also from the same excellent source

Last edited by georgweb; 09-21-2009 at 05:07 AM.
09-21-2009, 05:14 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Sweet snag. But a Heiland? I'm shocked that you would stoop so low.

I thought about you Saturday when I was at Wings in Atlanta. They had a clean rectangular Asahi hood with the case for the Takumar 28/3.5. I hadn't seen a hood with a pushbutton/clamp type of attachment before. There wasn't a price on it and there wasn't anyone available to ask (and I wasn't going to buy it).

09-21-2009, 10:41 AM   #5
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by geauxpez Quote
Sweet snag. But a Heiland? I'm shocked that you would stoop so low.

I thought about you Saturday when I was at Wings in Atlanta. They had a clean rectangular Asahi hood with the case for the Takumar 28/3.5. I hadn't seen a hood with a pushbutton/clamp type of attachment before. There wasn't a price on it and there wasn't anyone available to ask (and I wasn't going to buy it).

you thought of me? how flattering. thanks! yes a Heiland, I stoop that low for a great lens. I have been looking for a good example of this lens for a long time, and when this one came along I was pretty excited to get it. the best pert really is the fact that, although not new, it comes with the velvet lined box, both caps and case. normally this lens sells for around 200-250+ most of the time without these. so I am pleased. I have its little brother 3.5/35 (the really tiny one) so this will be a welcomed addition.
09-21-2009, 11:45 AM   #6
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I made the first bid on that back when it posted. Unfortunately, I was involved in another lens that I ended up losing because someone insane got into the bidding at the last minute. When people start upping the bid in $100 increments, I usually fold. The bidding had ended for this lens. Congrats.

Besides, only the box has Heiland on it.