Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-21-2009, 03:27 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Sigma 35-200mm f/4-5.6

I just bought this lens (Sigma 35-200mm f/4-5.6) on E-Bay and was wondering if anyone has any experience with it. I can't find anything through Google that is of any help. All I saw were references to the 35-200 for Minolta MD. Basically, is it worth the $20 I spent?

10-29-2009, 03:09 AM   #2
Inactive Account

sorry if this is an old topic by forum standards, but i have one of these lenses as well, got it for a steal while getting a spare OM2n body just in case... Just came with the package for around $20. Haven't shot with it yet either, i cannot find any information on this lens either, keep us updated if you get any shots with it - and i will do likewise.. I might save a couple of my last frames for a small test shoot this week, just to see how it goes..

It has some very slight fungus, but that just adds character

peace
11-11-2009, 03:49 AM   #3
Inactive Account

For future reference (i am sure some others may find this post of some use if they stumble upon this lens of no information).

the lens works fine, a little bit of fungus didn't impair any of my shots, i have only tested it in pretty poor weather conditions (overcast, rainy, and actually flooding), so i am yet to really find out its true capabilities. But here is one of my first shots with it.

you may see its a bit soft at the top of the image - i don't believe thats an issue with the lens as its the only frame with such a thing in it, it might be the fog laying around the actual scene (it was misty) and/or the stupid lame people which scanned this shot.

From my other shots with this lens, it isn't all too bad, i hope to test its true capabilities soon when the weather clears up i can go out and about.