Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-14-2009, 06:53 AM   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Another addition... An Accura Supertel Tc 1:1.9 f=85mm.

I got this lens for a bargain price from Sweden: 44 euros shipped. Mechanically it's sound and everything works smooth. There's some debris inside, but I'll clean that up later. I certainly won't complain at the price!

It's a T2 mount lens. The T2 mount that was attached to it is marked with a "M" and has a thread bigger than M42. Fortunately I have some T2 to M42 rings around, so that was quickly solved.

Quite nice round diaphragm

Compared to a few of my other short fast teles (although the A* 85/1.4 is not mine ). Interestingly the Accura is the tallest AND the thinnest of the bunch.

Wide open the lens is a bit soft though, and the bokeh is not great either (at least to my taste). I focused on "77mm".

Stopped down it quickly gets better though. The previous one was at f/1.9 and the one below at f/4:

Final verdict: I don't know yet, I want to use it outside and for real portraits first.

11-24-2009, 07:20 AM   #77

nice thread, awesome pics.

QuoteOriginally posted by glasbak Quote
I see lots of similar comments, 'a lens has great colors'.
How can a clear peace of glass have any effect on the color of the image (apart from chromatic aberration) ?
Exposure variation, environmental light, white balans, sensor, monitor (+ calibration), printout (+calibration) etc. determine the color, not the lens.

George
different colors -> different wavelengths -> refracted in different direction, different amounts when light passes through a lens.
example : CA
11-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by julia Quote
nice thread, awesome pics.

different colors -> different wavelengths -> refracted in different direction, different amounts when light passes through a lens.
example : CA
often colour rendition is influenced by the coatings. These serve as interference filters, whether wanted or not. The wanted effect of reducing reflections is obvious. But different coating influence different wavelengthes - some reduce more reflections in the Greens, others in Magenta etc. Thus they will often produce a light hue. In reality many people find totally uniform colour rendition often too cold, thus some manufactureres aim for a slightly warmer tone.

If anyone believes the lenses are fully transparent, just place a coupe of different lenses side by side ontpo a light box and compare them visually. You will almost always see immediately the different colours, the lenses let pass through.

Ben
11-25-2009, 05:14 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Stunning performance by the Pancolar. I did not expect it to be on par with Pentax offerings.