Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2009, 04:45 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
I have a SMC Tak 55/1.8, M50/1.7, a FA50/1.4, and a Helios-44K-4 58/2, and I always seem to reach for the Helios when I'm in that range. I love all of them, but the Helios has that extra something. I don't think I've shot with the FA50 or M50 in about 6 months.
QuoteOriginally posted by Igilligan Quote
We are of one mind here... I have those lenses plus a few more in the 50-55 range and that helios gets the call 95% of the time. "Something special" that is exactly it.

Only my new 55 1.2 has a chance against the legendary Helios... and I am not sure the Cosina will get the call after the newness wears off...

The Helios is my Magic Workhorse...
It really speaks about personal preference...I just couldn't work with the Helios 44 (mine was a -2 preset). At the same time, I was using an EBC Fuji 55mm on my Canon so it wasn't like I disliked the 50mm range.

Now that I have auto aperture functioning with Pentax, I reach for the M50/1.7 most often. Spoiled

Something for everyone, which is great...
QuoteOriginally posted by Stratman Quote
I took my old Rocoh KR 5 Super out with a Tokina 28mm on it, and i was astounded how W I D E 28mm is on a full frame camera. Here is a shot I took that day, I wanted most of the frame taken up by the barn, and couldn't believe how close I was to it when it finally filled the frame. Would be really nice to get a FF Pentax digital, but dunno if I could justify the cost.

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4470/fh000009p.jpg
28mm on full frame is wide...very wide. For me, too wide for normal use. 16mm is insane

By the way, what film was that shot with? Looks like Fuji Superia. The tones of the wood are great.

10-02-2009, 05:59 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hmmmm, Fujicolor 200 speed if I remember correctly..Nothing special, haha
10-02-2009, 08:56 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jimH Quote
That is one bright, punchy photo. I love it!
It's nice and sharp with good rustic colours.A picture like this proves that the older lenses like the M series can still pull off great pictures like the newer counterparts.