Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-25-2007, 09:49 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Lens availability in Los Angeles

Was in the neighborhood, so stopped by Samy's Camera on Fairfax in Los Angeles. It was only five minutes before closing, but went in anyway to see what they had.

They currently (Friday night, May 25th) have a very good supply of Pentax lenses. They have several of all three DA limiteds, as well as just about all the other DA primes and zooms, several copies of each. They even have several FA50/1.4 lenses. Couple more, but couldn't read the boxes.

If you are in need of a DA lens or the FA50, you may consider stopping by. They also have two K10D bodies (not sure if it is the kit or not). Couldn't see any other bodies, they may be in the back.

Just letting LA Pentax users know, in case they are interested.

05-26-2007, 10:04 AM   #2
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanks Steven. I'm actually planning to head over to the Samys on Venice later today, so I'll report back with their stock too.

EDIT: It turns out that their Venice branch is incredibly small. They had the DA 16-45mm and a Tamron 75-300mm in the back. I saw the K100D and K10D being displayed, but I didn't see any new boxes. David, the guy that I talked to, was very knowledgeable about cameras in general and clearly knew a bit about Pentax equipment. He suggested that I visit the Fairfax branch for a bigger selection.

Afterwards, I dropped by the Frys in Torrance and saw two FAJ 18-35mm and two FA 24-90mm. The 24-90mm lenses were selling for $550 each.

Last edited by igowerf; 05-26-2007 at 04:35 PM.
05-29-2007, 01:16 PM   #3
Forum Member

You can try Bel Air camera by Westwood, they have a good selection of Pentax lens but their price is more expensive than their online price. They also sell a couple of used lens.