Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2009, 11:46 PM   #1

Camron 800mm 2-Piece Lens

I went to the swapmeet today and found a guy selling a 800mm Camron T-mount lens. This was absolutely the hugest lens I have ever seen in my life. It came in two pieces that you have to screw together. When Assembled it is over 3 feet long! It was all manua/f8. I so wanted it, and had the proper adapter to K-mount.
I guess I was too interested, because he wanted $200 for it, trying to compare it to the prices of current day 800mm lense. This would have been great a great deal for $50-$80. Honestly, It was almost way to huge to use unless you were by yourself somewhere way away in the boonies; otherwise you would attract way to much attention and riducle.

Has anyone ever heard of this lens? Is it worth trying to bargain the guy down?

thanks.

tomm99

10-04-2009, 07:38 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'm not familiar with that brand but there are new 800mm lenses from Samyang sold under several brand names that probably cost less or in that price range and if it turned out to be something you don't want you could return it. Maybe if you can get it for the price range you mention but not for $200.