Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2009, 01:58 PM   #1
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
Honeywell Pentax Takumar Lens Manual

here are some select scans from my recently aquired manual. I thought these particular pages would be of interest to some folks. I might get around to scaning all the pages (70+) with all the available Takuamr lenses at some point.


















enjoy!

10-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #2
Moderator
Site Supporter
Blue's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Florida Hill Country
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 17,166
Cool! Are you trying to catch up with Nesster?
10-07-2009, 07:28 PM   #3
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Cool! Are you trying to catch up with Nesster?
I dont think it would be possible, even if I wanted to! just thought id share a bit of useful information.
10-07-2009, 11:58 PM   #4
Veteran Member
figmental1978's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 789
I just bought a Takumar manual for $1 on ebay but I have to wait a few months until I can read it.

10-08-2009, 12:46 AM   #5
Site Supporter
Douglas_of_Sweden's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Stockholm
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,347
Thanks Séamuis!
It it delightfull to see how much care they took to explain the optics to costumers! Quite well done also from a pedagogical point of view.
10-08-2009, 05:12 AM   #6
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by figmental1978 Quote
I just bought a Takumar manual for $1 on ebay but I have to wait a few months until I can read it.
you bought a Takumar Lens Dealer Manual like this one? for 1 dollar? if thats the case I am very jeleous, as I paid much more than that.
10-08-2009, 05:18 AM   #7
Banned




Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Savannah, U.S./Baguio City, P.H.
Posts: 5,979
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Douglas_of_Sweden Quote
Thanks Séamuis!
It it delightfull to see how much care they took to explain the optics to costumers! Quite well done also from a pedagogical point of view.
it is very interesting, especially when you compare to modern time. where is such info available from Pentax now? I wonder if canon or nikon have such information available? the manual is really neat, it has a page for every Takumar lens available at the time. (including the ultra-achromatic takumars) giving pretty much everything you need to know about each lens. including a cutout diagram of the lens with measurements. it also includes charts for "sine of spherical aberration", "degree of distortion" & "astigmatism". its really impressive. I just wished it included all prior lenses as well as the current (super-takumar) lenses.
10-08-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
Veteran Member
Nesster's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: NJ USA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 13,047
That's excellent! thanks for sharing

10-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #9
Veteran Member
figmental1978's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Melbourne
Posts: 789
I bought this manual, looks different than yours.
Attached Images
 
03-16-2012, 09:01 PM   #10
JFD
New Member




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Sydney, Australia
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5
If anyone is still looking for a copy of the Honeywell Pentax Takumar Lens Manual I found a PDF copy of it here for free download:

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|235tl2|350368526|honeywell_pentax_takumar_...BBA6F4AFF4|0|0
03-16-2012, 09:12 PM   #11
Pentaxian
JinDesu's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: New York City
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 5,624
QuoteOriginally posted by JFD Quote
If anyone is still looking for a copy of the Honeywell Pentax Takumar Lens Manual I found a PDF copy of it here for free download:

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|235tl2|350368526|honeywell_pentax_takumar_lens_manual.pdf|8724|R~1B1F10BC03A08FB26F12CABBA6F4AFF4|0|0
Thanks!
05-13-2014, 09:15 AM   #12
New Member
macias's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 1
Hi,
Can anyone share with this manual ?
link doesn't work anymore.


Thanks in advance
05-13-2014, 12:19 PM   #13
Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2011
Photos: Albums
Posts: 2,879
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
it is very interesting, especially when you compare to modern time. where is such info available from Pentax now? I wonder if canon or nikon have such information available? the manual is really neat, it has a page for every Takumar lens available at the time. (including the ultra-achromatic takumars) giving pretty much everything you need to know about each lens. including a cutout diagram of the lens with measurements. it also includes charts for "sine of spherical aberration", "degree of distortion" & "astigmatism". its really impressive. I just wished it included all prior lenses as well as the current (super-takumar) lenses.

This manual is an example of something which used to be done in marketing - the document that explains technical detail to convey the message: "Our product must be good because we are able to explain how it works."


The other side of this is it gives us the information that helps us to use the product most effectively for our purpose.


A problem with the internet is that it is assumed anyone can find out the information (much of it is generic optics) somewhere on the internet so there is not the same advantage for the manufacturer to produce such information - it is expensive to write.


Also, this comes from when multi-coating had just been put into commercial production. I remember at high school a few years later (not many) that it was a big deal to explain how multi-coating works and distinguishing it from single or no coating.
05-13-2014, 03:55 PM   #14
Pentaxian
c.a.m's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 989
QuoteOriginally posted by séamuis Quote
I thought these particular pages would be of interest to some folks.
Thanks for scanning and posting.

From a technical writing point of view, this is a model of good communication - clear, uncluttered pages; simplified language, but not too much; and a page design that conveys a technical sense (not marketing fluff). The title - What you should know about lenses - attracts your attention; the text proceeds to tell you.

Wouldn't mind some more! How about shoveling more coal into that scanner?

- Craig
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
k-mount, manual, pages, pentax lens, pentax takumar lens, slr lens
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to use/meter Manual & M42 Lenses on all Pentax DSLRs (K-1, K-3, K-5, K-30, etc) Adam Pentax Lens Articles 310 10-27-2016 04:00 PM
For Sale - Sold: Pentax-M 50mm f1.7, Takumar Bayonet 135mm f2.5, ME Super + manual (CONUS) acrollet Sold Items 2 11-06-2010 03:10 PM
For Sale - Sold: Black Honeywell Pentax H3 with Auto-Takumar f/1.8 55mm (US/CAN) woof Sold Items 2 07-19-2010 02:01 PM
For Sale - Sold: honeywell pentax lens cap 46mm? ryno Sold Items 1 12-13-2008 08:03 PM
135mm Takumar manual lens ChrisC Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 6 07-06-2008 01:44 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:00 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top