Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2009, 10:47 PM   #1

Lens values?

Hey guys, I appologize if this is the wrong place or if this is bad form. Generaly I'm a Nikon user, but I need some info and you guys are the Pentax experts. I used to have a K1000 that I used these lenses on but it eventually died so it's gone and these lenses have been stored in my closet ever since. To my dismay, even though it seems every other camera can take K-mount lenses with an adapter, Nikon bodies can not. So I can't really use these for any thing. This is why I'm here. I have no idea what to ask for these or if they're even worth anything.

I have a SMC Pentax 50mm f/2 and an CPC 80-200mm f/4. Both (as you can see from the photos) are pretty near flawless. They work perfectly and have given me good photos over the years.

Pentax Lenses pictures by toothlesrooster - Photobucket

I wouldn't mind puting them up for sale here on your forum but being that this is my first thread and I have no Pentax equipment other than these lenses I'm not sure how well recieved I'll be. I know that it takes time to earn a reliable reputation on buy/sell/trade forums.

Well, there's my questions. Thanks in advance!

Gavin

10-08-2009, 04:48 AM   #2

Photos: Gallery
Dear misled friend,

both under 40$ each.

Deimo
10-08-2009, 05:42 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
Looking at your pictures the 50 is an "A" lens, which means aperture can be controlled from current dSLRs. This might make it a bit more valuable. Looking at our own lens review list (Pentax Lens Review Database - Main Index) it would go for ~$40. But I often see lenses go for a bit more than what is listed, so up to $50 for the A-50 would not be impossible.

The zoom... sorry, never heard of that one.
10-08-2009, 05:51 AM   #4

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies, guys! If I had the money at the moment, I'd buy an istD and use these just for fun. But, alas this economy has us in a bit of a pinch so I won't be buying any new bodies any time soon.