Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-09-2009, 09:22 AM   #16
Banned

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

this is not photoshopped.

10-09-2009, 09:43 AM   #17
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Seamuis, you win hands down. That is as insane as it could possibly be. I love the write up. There is so much I would love to comment on but I just can't stop laughing...

Mel, can't you fight thi in any way? I mean if you are driving a car, they can't suggest you get a motorcycle as a replacment. For the small amount you are getting, it's worth the fight IMO to get more. Sure a DA*200mm is a suitable replacement. Some store did the quote and whoever did it, was either a jerk, didn't know anything about the gear or in the insurance company's pocket.
10-09-2009, 09:57 AM   #18
mel
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Peter Zack Quote
Seamuis, you win hands down. That is as insane as it could possibly be. I love the write up. There is so much I would love to comment on but I just can't stop laughing...

Mel, can't you fight thi in any way? I mean if you are driving a car, they can't suggest you get a motorcycle as a replacment. For the small amount you are getting, it's worth the fight IMO to get more. Sure a DA*200mm is a suitable replacement. Some store did the quote and whoever did it, was either a jerk, didn't know anything about the gear or in the insurance company's pocket.
Peter - I'm thinking about it. I just don't have a whole lot of fight left in me. It's taken two months to get this far, then add in the (really really hot place) I had to go through with the bank fraud on top of it I'm just worn out on the whole issue. I still haven't gotten any actual money from them yet and Ireally need to pay myself back for the things I had to replace that couldn't wait (like my clothes and stuff).

Seamuis - totally unreal. K1000s are so very very rare.
10-09-2009, 10:06 AM   #19
Banned

im actually to blame for the price, in a way. the origional ad (for which I also have a screenshot) had it listed for $2,999.99. I pm'd the seller and tried to give him some better info on the camera he was selling. basically tried to inform him as politely as I could that what he had was in no way worth the asking price and if he wanted to sell it he should check other listings and adjust his price accordingly.... well he didnt take that to well and basically said I had no clue what I was talking about and could sell it for whatever he wanted to. I said be my guest. I found this listing later and couldnt believe my eyes. I pm'd him again and simply said good luck selling it! he never did. a few weeks later the auction was closed and I have so far never seen it re-listed.

10-09-2009, 10:12 AM   #20
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Mel, I understand that and of course you handle it as you see fit. Unfortunately that how the Ins co's win every time. Delay and screw with you till you say, "Oh well".

If there was any way to get the money for the other stuff and just refute the camera gear, maybe that's possible?

I dunno. I can only wish you luck.
10-09-2009, 03:38 PM   #21
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Maybe the best is the LX and 50mm at $4,498.00
Peter, this is a collector's piece. The LX 200 was produced in limited numbers, and it comes with the SMC-A 50mm f/1.2 dressed in Ltd clothing.
10-11-2009, 04:36 PM   #22
Pentaxian
Moderator Emeritus

Original Poster
Mis, you buying??? I guess for a collectors piece, that's a bargin.... [cough, cough]

10-11-2009, 08:21 PM   #23
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mel Quote
Well according to my insurance company, my tak 55/1.8 is only worth $3.15
That could be dispelled in 5 seconds with an appraisal from KEH or similar. Insurance companies can be challenged on this kind of things. Plus, these fall under the items as collectibles.

Last edited by Blue; 10-11-2009 at 08:28 PM.
10-11-2009, 08:29 PM   #24
Site Supporter

I guess this nickel version of the Asahiflex IIb is a steal at $1500 compared to Seamuis'
K1000.

Asahiflex IIB 50/3.5 Takumar lens NICKEL one of a kind on eBay.ca (item 200387364661 end time 23-Oct-09 21:33:07 EDT)
10-11-2009, 10:17 PM   #25
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Miserere Quote
Peter, this is a collector's piece. The LX 200 was produced in limited numbers, and it comes with the SMC-A 50mm f/1.2 dressed in Ltd clothing.
Wuld you buy it at that price?
10-11-2009, 10:49 PM   #26
Site Supporter

There is the "make offer" function. When one considers how much an LX in good shape goes for and often needs a cla and then factor in that that lens is essentially a A 50mm f1.2 ltd and what the bring and all are mint, this one is too far off. Even the strap is *bling*. If I had Leno money . . .