Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2009, 10:12 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
$629 minus 8% bing cashback makes this a good deal too

Pentax SMC DA* Series 16-50mm f/2.8 ED AL IF SDM *DEMO* - eBay (item 270464133584 end time Oct-31-09 14:42:34 PDT)

I have another $100 rebate when I got the K-7, and I am still relucatnt to pull the trigger with all the QC and SDM issues, and I would love to hear once you get yours.
Very good deal indeed, but what scares me of this is it doesn't come with warranty, you never know when that SDM failure will hit.

10-15-2009, 03:43 PM   #17

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok...at noon I received my new 16-50mm. The lens looks new, SDM works perfectly, pictures look great, but I haven't done wall tests, just took some random pictures at Red Lobster (yummi).
As far as Ritz, the Customer Service is good, they don't have long wait times over the phone. On the included bill, there are attached instructions as how to return the item (there's even a preprinted label for shipping back to Ritz. The Ritz warranty specifies a 30 day return if you are not completely satisfied. The warranty is for replacement or 100% money back refund. After the return period has expired then the manufacturer has to be contacted.
My item was shipped from the fullfilment center in Topeka, KS.

Well, I'll go ahead and start taking a few pictures and test this baby. I would say that the Ritz experience has good and would recommend it. Good luck, and hurry because $611 for the DA* is pretty good.
10-16-2009, 06:06 PM   #18

Thanks for the post. I ordered through Amazon (Ritz) on 10-13 $611 + shipping. I have order confirmation but it has not shipped yet.