Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-10-2009, 05:49 AM   #1

Sticky lens diagram

I have just got a couple of Pentax bodies and 5 different Takumar lenses. Two of them has a sticky diagram. It seems it closes down quite fast but takes a long time to open up again. Is this a common failure on these lenses?

The sticky diagram is on a SMC 50/1.4 and a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135/2.5. For the 50/1.4 I found a nice thread here with instruction on how to disassemble and clean. Is it something you all do yourself?

For the 135/2.5 is this lens disassembled the same way from the front?
I miss a rubber tool that big for this lens. Anybody tried this?
Is the lens worth fixing?

10-10-2009, 02:16 PM   #2
MXP

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MXP Quote
I have just got a couple of Pentax bodies and 5 different Takumar lenses. Two of them has a sticky diagram. It seems it closes down quite fast but takes a long time to open up again. Is this a common failure on these lenses?

The sticky diagram is on a SMC 50/1.4 and a Super-Multi-Coated Takumar 135/2.5. For the 50/1.4 I found a nice thread here with instruction on how to disassemble and clean. Is it something you all do yourself?

For the 135/2.5 is this lens disassembled the same way from the front?
I miss a rubber tool that big for this lens. Anybody tried this?
Is the lens worth fixing?
I just found the answer in this forum. Lucky that this lens is an easy one to disassemble. My is a screw mount but it unscrews same way as the bayonet one.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-slr-lens-discussion/65266-pentax-a...-5-repair.html
10-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Hi MXP

Please don't take this wrong - your English is a great deal better than my Dutch, but I think the word you are looking for is diaphragm.

I can see how you would get confused - the English language is a wonderful thing.
10-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #4
MXP

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Oggy Quote
Hi MXP

Please don't take this wrong - your English is a great deal better than my Dutch, but I think the word you are looking for is diaphragm.

I can see how you would get confused - the English language is a wonderful thing.
Yes, I was 100% sure when I wrote it. Better to have used the word "aperture blades" .....if this is right spelled......

But in the meantime the 135/2.5 has been cleaned and assembled again and now it works perfect. It was one of the more easy repair I have done on lenses. I also found out that at least 3 different variants exist of the 135/2.5. An older 5 lens, a 6 lens and a newer 4 lens. My seems to be the 6 lens in 6 groups Gauss.....and the one people like at most.

Attached Images

10-11-2009, 10:36 AM   #5
MXP

Original Poster
Now I also did a small test of the lens using a T42 adapter on my Nikon D2x. Full aperture was used just to see if the lens has a problem. It seems to do quite well. The full image is attached and a 100 crop of the same image.
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
NIKON D2X  Photo