Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2009, 09:32 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Carl Zeiss Jena AF jenazoom 28-70

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

As I am currently stuck in the house with the flu I have been killing time browsing the internet and indulging my LBA on ebay. I came across a Carl Zeiss Jena Jenazoom super 28-70mm f/3.5-4.5 in pentax AF mount. It says it is made under licence from Carl Zeiss in Japan but does not say who by. I ran a couple of google searches but couldn't really find much about it. I found a refernce to a CZJ Jenazoom 70-200 which was believed to have been made under licence by Sigma. As it was going cheep I put in a bid and to my surprise got it for £5. I really don't need it but at that price I didn't think I could go wrong.
Hopefully it will arrive by the end of the week so I can have a play but in the mean time does anyone know anything about this lens? Details given in the listing are here:
Carl Zeiss Jena F=28-70 Macro JenaZoom Autofocus Lens on eBay (end time 11-Oct-09 15:52:10 BST)

10-12-2009, 05:47 AM   #2

It was made by Cosina...I don't know how good it is...but you will soon find out.
10-13-2009, 11:13 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
The lens turned up already. It may not have been made in west Germany but the build quality is certainly consistent with Zeiss. It is almost all made from metal, the zoom is smoth and the auto focus quick. The only down side of the lens that I have found so far is that there is no focus ring - auto focus only. I haven't really found out how good it is optically yet, but initial impressions are that it is comperable to my FA 28-105 power zoom. I will post some photos once I have something worthwhile. Got to be the best £5 I have spent in a long time
06-23-2010, 11:07 AM   #4
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by MattGunn Quote
The lens turned up already. It may not have been made in west Germany but the build quality is certainly consistent with Zeiss. It is almost all made from metal, the zoom is smoth and the auto focus quick. The only down side of the lens that I have found so far is that there is no focus ring - auto focus only. I haven't really found out how good it is optically yet, but initial impressions are that it is comperable to my FA 28-105 power zoom. I will post some photos once I have something worthwhile. Got to be the best £5 I have spent in a long time
hello!!
can you post some photos so i can see the quality??
i found this lens on ebay and im courious to know if it is a real good deal!
thank you