Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2009, 07:56 AM   #16

Original Poster
Thank you

Thank you for all the comments, I brought into repair, and now works perfect. they said previous owner must drop or bang, so who knows...next time i have to check what its real condition, but anyway, thx a lot for help!

11-13-2009, 09:25 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Glad to hear you're happy with it now
12-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #18

I have a M 50/2 that needs adjusting as it is just a hair off infinity. However after reading a few threads and searching around, I still cannot remove my front ring I am using a soft rubber mat with the bottom of a bottle but it just won't budge - even after a few drops of WD40. Tried turning the regular direction - CCW and also the opposite, just in case.

Can anyone point out what I am doing wrong? Cheers!
12-16-2009, 10:21 AM   #19
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The trim ring should come off just like a filter does, because they use the same threads. It should be CCW. Sometimes I've used a toothbrush to clean dirty threads so grit doesn't cause excess friction. You've already tried drops of WD40, my other trick, just drops applied only to the point where the threads meet the ring. If your mat slips, you could try a different tool. Make sure the threads are not damaged and the filter ring isn't dented. If the filter ring isn't round, nothing will unscrew. Some people give up and drill holes in the trim ring for the tips of needlenose pliers. I hate to do that so I just keep trying. The trim ring might be aluminum or plastic depending on its age.

Some trim rings appear to have slots for a tool with really thin blades. Here's a photo:

Not every trim ring has slots. You'd have to improvise a tool, but it would be a non-destructive alternative to drilling.