Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2009, 09:04 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
If these could actually autofocus, I'd be interested as well...sigh.
better practice your manual-focusing skills. they come in handy.

10-16-2009, 12:34 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DavidWasch Quote
I'm doing my best to stay chill, but man, I wish I had something better to go on than the USPS tracking number! I am having it delivered to my office; I figure there is a chance I will receive it today, but if not, will have to wait 'til Monday.

I should have brought my camera to work, in case it comes in...
Did it show up?
10-16-2009, 12:41 PM   #33

Original Poster
Oh, cruel twist of fate!

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
Did it show up?
As fate would have it, the postal worker who usually works at our office was out sick; the substitute does not let our receptionist walk into the mailroom to pick up packages, soooo I am out of luck until Monday.

I will TRY to keep thinking positive: I can feel pretty confident it will be here Monday. By then, a few other people should have the lens too.

I can bring in my camera, too! My antics should be pretty entertaining to the rest of the office.
10-16-2009, 12:44 PM   #34

Original Poster
Hey, David of Va.! Any delivery yet?

10-16-2009, 02:20 PM   #35

Not yet, unless it s in the mailbox, however I did just receive the leica 60mm macro !
10-16-2009, 05:23 PM   #36
Veteran Member

I'm really anxious to hear when someone receives a lens from this listing. I made a reasonable offer yesterday, but haven't gotten a response yet.

gl
10-17-2009, 06:01 AM   #37
Pentaxian

please update guys.

im happy for you all. this is a rare thing to happened for special lens like the 1.2

--

give us some pics if it arrive.
10-17-2009, 08:08 AM   #38

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
please update guys.

im happy for you all. this is a rare thing to happened for special lens like the 1.2

--

give us some pics if it arrive.
The tracking tells me my lens is now in town(!), but it is not yet in my hands. I should have it on Monday by 2pm. I will have photos up on this site of the lens as soon as I can sneak out my camera at work, and get pix up on this site.

Very soon now, very soon....

10-17-2009, 08:32 AM   #39
Veteran Member

The tracking tells me my lens is now in town(!), but it is not yet in my hands. I should have it on Monday by 2pm. I will have photos up on this site of the lens as soon as I can sneak out my camera at work, and get pix up on this site.

Very soon now, very soon....
goodluck David. I hope you get a very salvageable copy. it's nice to have an A 50/1.2 club here. makes me feel not alone anymore.

I'm just excited for you guys since I want all of you the joys of what the 1.2 could give and there aren't a lot of people here that have one or dying to have one. but because of how much this lens costs, especially for a manual lens, this makes people a bit apprehensive. care to form a club?
10-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #40

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
goodluck David. I hope you get a very salvageable copy. it's nice to have an A 50/1.2 club here. makes me feel not alone anymore.

I'm just excited for you guys since I want all of you the joys of what the 1.2 could give and there aren't a lot of people here that have one or dying to have one. but because of how much this lens costs, especially for a manual lens, this makes people a bit apprehensive. care to form a club?
Thanks for the well wishes.

It's a great idea about the club. At f1.2, composition presents so many new possibilities (and limitations), that I would certainly benefit from you and others who experienced with this lens. Working with such a shallow DOF can be frustrating, and a club could offer both advice and support.

When I was checking out the review of this lens, I was at first a little disappointed that the minimum focus distance is so large (~19in.). Then I found out that at this distance the DOF is 1/8in.! Any closer to the lens and sharp focus almost becomes moot.

I currently don't have a focus screen, and I may end up getting one. It isn't my only manual lens, so I could certainly benefit from the upgrade.
10-17-2009, 09:01 AM   #41
Site Supporter

Maybe make it the Pentax f1.2 club.
10-17-2009, 09:30 AM   #42
Site Supporter

Yes we should, good idea.

Phil.
10-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #43

Original Poster
I'm all for it, just don't want to set it up until I know I have a working lens... tempts fate too much.
10-17-2009, 10:04 AM   #44
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by gofour3 Quote
Yes we should, good idea.

Phil.
Lets let some of these guys catch up with their lenses and we'll do it!
10-17-2009, 10:17 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Thanks for the well wishes.

It's a great idea about the club. At f1.2, composition presents so many new possibilities (and limitations), that I would certainly benefit from you and others who experienced with this lens. Working with such a shallow DOF can be frustrating, and a club could offer both advice and support.

When I was checking out the review of this lens, I was at first a little disappointed that the minimum focus distance is so large (~19in.). Then I found out that at this distance the DOF is 1/8in.! Any closer to the lens and sharp focus almost becomes moot.

I currently don't have a focus screen, and I may end up getting one. It isn't my only manual lens, so I could certainly benefit from the upgrade.
just a sample of what to expect from this lens if used with appropriation. I don't have the focusing screen for my K-7 yet, so it's a bit of a challenge for my not so good of a vision. mind you that the DOF is so thin or shallow so nailing a shot or that particular part of an image could be frustrating. but if you got it right, the rewards are worth of your effort.

Note: I decided to upload this directly here since the image I had posted on photobucket somehow degrades the image massively after a few weeks or month after uploading. I dont know if it's a glitch on the system. I do hope that somehow by uploading directly the sample here doesn't degrade the image in the future.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-7  Photo