Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-27-2009, 10:03 AM   #91

These days I'm tired of eBay auctions and all of the last second bidding. I've done it plenty, for sure, but lately I've restricted myself to looking at "Buy it Now" listings and sometimes I get lucky (like this time), but sometimes not so much.

But....I'm trying to stop the LBA and eBay!! HELP! Does anybody have a cure? In the "Pentax SLR Lens Discussion" should there be a sub-forum created for LBA?

I am so foolish these days as I gobble up lenses when I already have everything I need!

Must....stop...buying...&...take....more....pictures....

10-27-2009, 01:19 PM   #92
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
if there is a buy it now option and the bidding is nearing the set price tag, I usually buy it immediately. there is just no point in saving a few dollars if you can't win the bid during a last second bid. there are programs nowadays that allow the buyer to do the bidding automatically, setting up their max bid during the last few seconds. because of that, I never bid anymore. it is just a waste of time.
10-27-2009, 01:25 PM   #93
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
None of those K1000 buyers have fessed up!
How did you find them??
10-27-2009, 02:41 PM   #94
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
How did you find them??
Only found 3 or 4 of them AFTER the auction closed. I did that via completed listings searches.

10-27-2009, 03:35 PM   #95

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
if there is a buy it now option and the bidding is nearing the set price tag, I usually buy it immediately. there is just no point in saving a few dollars if you can't win the bid during a last second bid. there are programs nowadays that allow the buyer to do the bidding automatically, setting up their max bid during the last few seconds. because of that, I never bid anymore. it is just a waste of time.
Occasionally in a non-Buy-it-Now auction I've asked sellers if they'll include a BIN option if there are not any bidders yet. I don't suggest any price, but just nicely explain that I don't like the last second bidding and wonder if they'll add a BIN for people like me. I've found that often they'll oblige.
10-28-2009, 12:25 PM   #96

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
I don't mind bidding when there is no BIN. I just put in the max that I am interested in paying and let the whole thing play out-- last instant bidders are of no consequence.
10-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #97
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by DavidWasch Quote
I don't mind bidding when there is no BIN. I just put in the max that I am interested in paying and let the whole thing play out-- last instant bidders are of no consequence.
Agree. That's the sanity-preserving method.

10-28-2009, 04:20 PM   #98
Site Supporter

I either put in a bid early or late and let it ride.
10-29-2009, 04:20 AM   #99
Veteran Member

Finally arrived and I am happy camper. Will try to post some pics later tonight.
Looks like someone that purchased from him isn't happy though according to his feedback. I was beginning to think I was going to end up that way also.
He took forever to send it and it was a different lens than was pictured but the glass and the body are in excellent condition ( it looks practically new ) , just a couple dust spot.
10-29-2009, 04:36 AM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by OrenMc Quote
Finally arrived and I am happy camper. Will try to post some pics later tonight.
Looks like someone that purchased from him isn't happy though according to his feedback. I was beginning to think I was going to end up that way also.
He took forever to send it and it was a different lens than was pictured but the glass and the body are in excellent condition ( it looks practically new ) , just a couple dust spot.
Man, you are on a lens buying binge here ...would love to see some pictures.
10-29-2009, 02:45 PM   #101
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by pcarfan Quote
Man, you are on a lens buying binge here ...would love to see some pictures.
Don't forget the K7 I purchased a couple weeks ago also.

I have been bouncing around with macro lenses for the last 2 years and I finally got one of them I have been obsessing on. I justify it because I sold 2 to buy 2

The weather is nasty and wet but I will try to got some photos up as soon as I can.

Last edited by OrenMc; 10-29-2009 at 02:58 PM.
10-30-2009, 09:48 PM   #102

OrenMc, how did you talk to him personally? I can't even get him to respond to my email/ebay messages...he marked it shipped USPS on the 19th but haven't got nothing yet...
10-30-2009, 10:04 PM   #103

Ive started using ebay snipers just to combat the use of others using them... I guess they are good if you think you are somehow taking advantage of the fact that you dont give the other bidders time to think if they want to up there max bids
11-01-2009, 02:30 AM   #104
Veteran Member

I just got sniped for a 24-200mm I was going to check on it to raise my bid only to realize I was 5 mins too late!
11-01-2009, 06:33 AM   #105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ltdstar Quote
OrenMc, how did you talk to him personally? I can't even get him to respond to my email/ebay messages...he marked it shipped USPS on the 19th but haven't got nothing yet...
I received a message stating that usps had been electronically notified to expect shippment of item and was given a delivery confirm number. A little over a week later I was getting the same response with that number. I emailed him and did receive a message back stating the lens had been shipped. After a couple more emails and him saying he had checked the post office and said the shipping label had fallen off but he resent.
I waited a few more days and still no lens.

This is when I started the claims process and I think I used the " item not received : link. It requested personal info and gave me his phone number. I was polite and simply asked what was going on with the lens. He was quite accommodating after this. My main concern was that if the lens had actually been lost would he have another to replace it. I wanted a lens not a refund!
He said he had 8 or 9 left and would go through them and pick out the best one.
Funny thing is he used the same delivery confirm number when he shipped. I don't understand how he could reuse it if it was on another package.
It was a very frustrating experience but in the end the lens I received is beautiful. Probably in better condition that the one I first ordered.

He told me he was working with someone that had guite a few of these lenses. But he said he may have a buyer that wanted all of them. We're talking in the amount of thousands of them.
I don't know, a lot of it was kind of fishy but I got lucky as a few others did.
I would start the claims process if I were you and request his phone number. Do keep in mind though what the listing of these lenses would do to his email. It would be very difficult to keep up with all us LBA'ers out here.

GOOD LUCK!!!